Thread: Experiences with JP enhanced bolt and Full mass carrier?

Feedback Score

Experiences with JP enhanced bolt and Full mass carrier?

JP seems to do good stuff but I have heard of some issues with this set up. So I wanted current info on how this has been working for people. I was thinking of pairing the full mass carrier with a LMT enhanced bolt, as another option. Yes, I know 60K rounds will outlive my barrel, I will never shoot 60K rounds so buy two BCM, etc arguments and I agree. But I always want the best I can find first.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No recent experience, but 4 years ago, I bought one of their Enhanced .308 Bolts to use in my Mega Arms MA-Ten .308 AR build.
    It is marketed as DPMS compatible, so I used it in a DPMS LR-308 bolt carrier.
    The extractor pin hole was drilled out of spec (too far back), so the extractor could not get a hold of the case. This obviously was no bueno. I wasn't too happy and sent it back to JP. To their credit, they replaced it pronto. The new one worked fine, no complaints. It did not see hard use, just mild range use, as .308 ammo was not cheap even back then.
    With that said, BCM bolts and carriers are very reasonably priced and a known quantity.

Feedback Score
    I run both their full mass and low mass BCG's and would buy another in a heart beat.
    The fit, finish and quality are second to none on the carrier and enhanced bolt.
    Anything ever happens to it JP will take care of you as they do with all their products.

The smoothness of operation is what most folks notice right away, feels like it's on ball bearings and the clean up is so easy. The only down side is the price but buy once cry once. nokick.com just had the full mass BCG on sale for $289 shipped so check around.

The full mass is a drop in in my standard AR's no matter what spring or buffer I'm using.
    The low mass obviously requires some tuning with an adj gas block in my 3 gun but I have had no setup problems with either BCG.
    Last edited by BillyJack556; 09-02-15 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    Thank you both very much. I think Im going to try to work with this.

Feedback Score
    I second what Billy Jack has to say. I own both and they work flawlessly. They are QPQ finished and slide very easily in the receiver. Big difference in finish quality over a mil-spec bolt and carrier. Happy with my purchases. I have had thousands of rounds through each rifle without issue. Worth the buy.