Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Home/Basement/Garage Gym Pictures?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Does anyone have the Rogue RML-3W fold back wall mount rack?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Does anyone have the Rogue RML-3W fold back wall mount rack?
    I picked one up towards the end of last summer. Added the 24" spotters. Install wasn't bad at all. What questions do you have?

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    IMG_0158.jpg
    Picture is of the new Elitefts 3x3 rack that replaced the 10 year old Sarden 2x2 Rack. Also in the gym is a EFS Glute Ham Bench, 90's Ironmaster for High low pully, Powerblocks, Adjustable db's, Ironmind Vulcan Racks, Pillars n bench, Boxes, Bands, Chains, Rope, sled, Prowler, Camb Sq bar, SSB, Fat bars, Swiss Bar, Texas Power Bar, Tons o Plates, specialty bars, Blast Straps, Weight vest, Heavy Bags out in garage, speed bag in garage, Ironmind Dip bars, about every Ironmind Grip Gadget they've made, Sledges, Tractor Tires. You name it, we got it.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 04-19-16 at 08:23.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BradCMSP View Post
    I picked one up towards the end of last summer. Added the 24" spotters. Install wasn't bad at all. What questions do you have?
    How is it holding up to use? Seems like a great idea for space savings, I just wonder about the durability. I saw a YouTube video (the only one I can find reviewing it) and the guy who installed the rack said he made sure the weight was on the floor because he didn't want to stress the wall.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    How is it holding up to use? Seems like a great idea for space savings, I just wonder about the durability. I saw a YouTube video (the only one I can find reviewing it) and the guy who installed the rack said he made sure the weight was on the floor because he didn't want to stress the wall.
    Holding up well. The UHMW in the J cups is doing fine. You can tell it has been used, but is in good shape. The plastic has been kind to the bar's knurling.

I put the folding arms and brackets onto the uprights, and stood them against the wall to measure where they were going to land vs. using Rogue's measurements and recommendations. Mine is in the garage, and I have a 8" block base to the wall. Their suggestions would have required dealing with the block, so the bottom arms of mine are a few spaces higher.

The brackets have some play in them, so you can set it up so that the feet of the uprights are resting on the floor. I have stall mat under mine. Once installed, and static, I can't see this putting much load on the wall. I have my plates on a tree. I used 10' 2x10s as stringers, and Spax self-cutting lags.

I've never worried about its integrity in use, and the wife has never complained about it transmitting much through the house if she's inside (she uses it too). I usually am by myself, so don't go to complete failure, the spotter arms are more there for injury. I've only ever dumped one thing on the spotters, a 225 front squat, as a judge for what type of weight I lift (not much). Was dumped from the bottom of the hole so it wasn't a violent miss.

Folds up easy. Pull up bar could feel better in my hands, but I'm a sissy I guess. I'm used to ones that seem barbell like, this is more just a straight tube of metal.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score

Homemade Plyo Box, 50 lbs bag of sand, and a roll of Gorilla tape make for a great workout in the driveway.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Re: Rogue RML-3W fold back wall mount rack

That rack looks pretty sweet. My must have in equipment is squat capability. Couple it with garage space efficiency and I'm sold.

BradCMSP, thanks for your quick review on it. The garage for me is a high-traffic, multipurpose working space. It even has to park the truck at night. I might have to get me one of these.

Feedback Score
    Bro, basically i think its all about planning. if you are buying a house then that means the property is yours and you can renovate(make more space for your gym) i think you should work on getting a little more room then sure you can getting a lot into it.

Feedback Score

Titan T-2 Series Short Power Rack works well in my basement due to the short ceiling.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast