Thread: Anyone use the Thordsen Customs with MFT?

Feedback Score

Anyone use the Thordsen Customs with MFT?

I have used the Sig brace, but I am not a fan of the bulkiness. I was looking at the Thordsen offerings and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the MFT attachment vs the CAA. It looks like the MFT version is prebuilt so no need to use shims etc. like the CAA version. I tried searching but had no luck.

Thanks,
    Capt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the Thordsen Enhanced Buffer Tube Cover - using a Burris AR332 1x3. I originally bought the CAA riser, but took it off immediately, it put me too high - don't confuse with the CAA or MFT cheek rests.

I thought about getting either the CAA or MFT but the buffer tube and cover fit me to a tee.

If I could suggest - on the Thordsen site go to FRS 15 Rifle Stock on the menu bar, you'll find the buffer tube covers there - the enhanced costs 36.99 and has two QD swivels. Get that and see how you like it. It might work.

If not order either the CAA (26.49) or MFT (34.99) add on - on the menu bar look under AR Pistol - parts and upgrades - page 2. That brings you to 71.98 for the enhanced and the MFT or 63.48 for the CAA.

The enhanced kits for CAA are 64.99 and 84.99 for the MFT - with the MFT kit you get a buffer tube, which I assume you already have for the Sig brace - don't know OD/ID though.

So buying separate you save a buck over the kit with the CAA and 12.00 Bucks with the MFT - but separately you don't get the buffer tube.

And both the CAA and the MFT fit a standard M4 stock if you don't like them on your AR Pistol.

If you like the B5 Enhanced SOPMOD (looks about the same as the cheek rest on the MFT), the BCM GUNFIGHTER (not as wide), or the MagPul ACS (don't think quite as wide) - you'll probably like either one. I don't like those stocks, so I run my enhanced buffer tube cover bare.

Good luck.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-09-15 at 20:39.

Feedback Score
    I will keep that in mind. I run a B5 SOPMOD on my 16's so I guess I will try the MFT out. Thanks for the input.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm using one. I prefer the MFT to the CAA because i didn't like the texturing on the CAA cheek piece - the lines started irritating my cheek after a while. the MFT is smooth and much more comfortable.

law63.jpg

Feedback Score
    Thank you sir. Nice stick, as well.