Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Spartan-9 AR-9 Lower

Feedback Score

New Spartan-9 AR-9 Lower

Hey guys,

I just ordered a Spartan 9 AR-9 stripped lower that takes small frame Glock mags. I got it for $140 shipped thru Joe Bob Outfitters. It appears to be a JBO branded New Frontier Armory C-9 lower. It is made from 7075 T-6 aluminum so it should be sturdy. They look pretty sexy and seem to follow the Quarter Circle 10 lower lines. I'm looking for reviews or info on the inter webs and there isn't much out there. Has anyone here made the leap of faith on this lower? Apparently this lower will use a proprietary upper to accomplish LRBHO. I own a QC10 AR9 lower that I built into a very reliable pistol. I'm hoping this lower will start bringing the costs down without sacrificing quality. Anyone have any experience they wish to share?
    Last edited by st381183; 09-07-15 at 11:25.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by st381183 View Post
    Hey guys,

I just ordered a Spartan 9 AR-9 stripped lower that takes small frame Glock mags. I got it for $140 shipped thru Joe Bob Outfitters. It appears to be a JBO branded New Frontier Armory C-9 lower. It is made from 7075 T-6 aluminum so it should be sturdy. They look pretty sexy and seem to follow the Quarter Circle 10 lower lines. I'm looking for reviews or info on the inter webs and there isn't much out there. Has anyone here made the leap of faith on this lower? Apparently this lower will use a proprietary upper to accomplish LRBHO. I own a QC10 AR9 lower that I built into a very reliable pistol. I'm hoping this lower will start bringing the costs down without sacrificing quality. Anyone have any experience they wish to share?
    I've got one on the way but no experience yet. Just emailed asking on upper release dates.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    I built an AR9 on a Quarter Circle 10 Glock lower and I love it. I saw this for half the price and went for it. It looks like a hybrid clone of a QC10 and a Lonewolf G9 lower. I'm a little concerned about a lack of built in feed ramp but the LW G9 doesn't have one a gets good reviews. So I guess we'll see. I'm going to build it out and test it with my current upper. Let me know what they say about the proprietary upper release date.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I built an AR9 on a Quarter Circle 10 Glock lower and I love it. I saw this for half the price and went for it. It looks like a hybrid clone of a QC10 and a Lonewolf G9 lower. I'm a little concerned about a lack of built in feed ramp but the LW G9 doesn't have one a gets good reviews. So I guess we'll see. I'm going to build it out and test it with my current upper. Let me know what they say about the proprietary upper release date.
    "About two weeks". I'll be getting both. Have good expectations based on previous receivers.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Feedback Score
    I just picked up my New Frontier Armory Glock C9 lower which has been rebranded by Joe Bob Outfitters as the Spartan 9. It is actually very nicely made. A little "clunkier" than the QC10 lower but what's nice is there are no roll pins. Everything is threaded and uses threaded set screws for the bolt catch, mag release, and a set screw for the rear takedown pin detent. Appears well made of 7075 T6 aluminum. No machining marks and it has an upper tension screw. All threaded set screws are include and I got it on sale for $139 shipped. The mag release is polymer but that is a good thing when you consider Glock mags are polymer. I'm pleased with it. It doesn't have built in feed lips but the mag sit ever so higher and a hair closer to the chamber than a QC10 lower. I test fed some 9mm snap caps and it seems to feed just fine. I think I'm going to hold out for the New Frontier Armory proprietary upper that operates the LRBHO feature though any upper will work. I think these lowers are a great value for an AR9 build that accepts Glock mags. Though branded as a Joe Bob Outfitters Spartan 9 lower these are made by New Frontier Armory and I think they hit it out of the park. Can't wait for the release of the NFA upper to complete this build.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just picked up my New Frontier Armory Glock C9 lower which has been rebranded by Joe Bob Outfitters as the Spartan 9. It is actually very nicely made. A little "clunkier" than the QC10 lower but what's nice is there are no roll pins. Everything is threaded and uses threaded set screws for the bolt catch, mag release, and a set screw for the rear takedown pin detent. Appears well made of 7075 T6 aluminum. No machining marks and it has an upper tension screw. All threaded set screws are include and I got it on sale for $139 shipped. The mag release is polymer but that is a good thing when you consider Glock mags are polymer. I'm pleased with it. It doesn't have built in feed lips but the mag sit ever so higher and a hair closer to the chamber than a QC10 lower. I test fed some 9mm snap caps and it seems to feed just fine. I think I'm going to hold out for the New Frontier Armory proprietary upper that operates the LRBHO feature though any upper will work. I think these lowers are a great value for an AR9 build that accepts Glock mags. Though branded as a Joe Bob Outfitters Spartan 9 lower these are made by New Frontier Armory and I think they hit it out of the park. Can't wait for the release of the NFA upper to complete this build.
    Thanks for sharing!
    I knew there were no feed lips built into the lower and I was curious if this would affect feeding or not. I decided that if NFA is putting them out that enough R&D has been done to ensure functionality.

Look forward to seeing what you put together.
    david@damagephotos.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    st381183, question... Is there a particular LPK I should be looking at? This does require a 9mm hammer right?
    david@damagephotos.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik View Post
    st381183, question... Is there a particular LPK I should be looking at? This does require a 9mm hammer right?
    That depends on the 9mm bolt. I believe that all bolts modified for Glock magazine lowers are ramped so that a regular hammer will work. For instance the JP Glock bolt I use in my QC10 lower is ramped and I used a regular LPK with an unmodified hammer. I would use a standard LPK with no worries. I'm not a trigger snob so milspec suits me fine but they advertise that any standard trigger (Geissele, Timmeny, etc) should fit and function properly. So the short answer is any LPK is fine to use with a ramped 9mm bolt that is modified for Glock mags.

Feedback Score
    Test fired my 9mm upper with my Spartan 9 lower and everything worked flawlessly. Now I need to wait for New Force Armory to release the proprietary LRBHO upper which is due out soon and build an upper for this. Much more budget friendly than quatercircle10 lowers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Test fired my 9mm upper with my Spartan 9 lower and everything worked flawlessly. Now I need to wait for New Force Armory to release the proprietary LRBHO upper which is due out soon and build an upper for this. Much more budget friendly than quatercircle10 lowers.
    Great to hear! Thanks for the heads up on the LPK BTW.
    Can't wait for the uppers to come in stock! Haha, I'll be honest even though I am on the mailing list I checked the site today...
    david@damagephotos.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast