Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pressure switches for DBAl and Surefire light

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by goteron View Post
    I wish it was that easy. It's not "just a pressure switch" in terms of existing pressure switches, and there are a tremendous amount of challenges to address in designing and manufacturing it to the standard we are shooting for.

We are Getting really close to release and really excited about it, we are entering our final testing cycle now and are ramping up for production.

We are really excited to get them into end users hands. Thank you
    I'm picking up what you're putting down, and no doubt it will be good kit when it's released. I genuinely mean that, and expect no less from you guys and TNVC. But from where I'm sitting - as a dude with DBALs, ATPIALs, and an affinity for NV shooting - it's much easier to just pretend this stuff doesn't exist (because it doesn't)

This switch was announced over a year and a half ago, and a total of zero are out in the wild. I have a BCM 11.5" SBR with a 10" KMR rail that I bought in Dec 2014. It has a DBAL at 12:00 and an M300 at 9:00. Both are begging for this switch, and I have literally had to buy a new bolt just last month because the round count was so high. In other words, this pressure switch has taken so long that the rifle I bought with expectations of running it on is almost due for a barrel change.

Do you expect enthusiasm and unwavering support to continue over such a long period of time? The TAPS switch has already taken 50% longer to release than the Empire State Building took to construct.

I'm not going to sit here and lie to you and say I'm not going to get one. I will, if I live that long , but "getting really close to release" means absolutely nothing coming from either Unity or TNVC and that is my only gripe with this whole thing. Vic said on TOS in November 2015 that it was "really close". Words mean things.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 05-04-16 at 18:05.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    i want one......really hope they're not retardedly priced.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I tried my hardest, but never really liked the dual switch from surefire, mainly due to cable management and the placement of my thumb in front of the IR laser causing blooming during activation. Running a separate pad for the light and the laser seems to work the best for me. Apologies for the whore pic, its in a few threads already.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Place the laser in front of the tape switch.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Can't without interfering with the front sight.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    I tried my hardest, but never really liked the dual switch from surefire, mainly due to cable management and the placement of my thumb in front of the IR laser causing blooming during activation. Running a separate pad for the light and the laser seems to work the best for me. Apologies for the whore pic, its in a few threads already.

the blooming issue sounds a lot more a problem with your set up and less of a problem with the switch. i'm unsure what you're getting at.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Homie,

Put the switch where the laser is, and put the laser where the switch is.

Ye olde fashioned, "swippetty swap."

Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    Can't without interfering with the front sight.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Homie,

Put the switch where the laser is, and put the laser where the switch is.

Ye olde fashioned, "swippetty swap."
    Hey would have to break his grip and shift his hand pretty far back to run the switch if he did that. I ran into that same problem on my SBR. Sometimes you just run out of rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Find what it is in life that you do not do well......and do not do that thing....

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattpittinger View Post
    Hey would have to break his grip and shift his hand pretty far back to run the switch if he did that. I ran into that same problem on my SBR. Sometimes you just run out of rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which is why if you're running the laser at 12:00 your best bet is to ditch the switch all together.

M4C and Lightfighter should run a Public Service Announcement: "Had it with your kit? Ditch the Switch 2016"

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Or get a VFG.

For me personally, I actually prefer the switch to require a conscious, different motion to activate.

Different strokes for different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Which is why if you're running the laser at 12:00 your best bet is to ditch the switch all together.

M4C and Lightfighter should run a Public Service Announcement: "Had it with your kit? Ditch the Switch 2016"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast