Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CCW pistol for the little lady.

Feedback Score
    My wife keeps her S&W .38 snub inside her Coronado Leather handbag. The handbag itself has regular access from the top, and can carry a whole lot of shzit.
    There is a side entrance where you keep the gun. You simply unzip, slide your hand
    into that compartment, and if you don't have time, aim, and pull the trigger with the
    gun inside the purse. Or the gun comes out lightning fast. These bags are top quality, and come in various styles. She uses this one. Coronadoleather.com

This babe has the zipper facing the wrong way. Flip it around so your hand goes in from the rear, grab the gun and shoot if you only have a split second to react.

Last edited by high888; 02-22-09 at 06:26.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield Girl View Post
    Howdy, I'm knew here.
    My dad bought me and XD-45 service model, it packs a wallop but I love it! It took me a whole to be able to shoot it one handed though. (I'm 4'11 and 95 lbs) I also have a XD-9 subcompact, lot less recoil and a hell of a lot easier to conceal especially if she's wearing a dress!
    Welcome aboard SpringfieldGirl. My GF is 5'4, 110, small hands. She had problems manipulating the slide to chamber a round, clearing and performing malfunction drills on most semi autos, even though she likes shooting my 9c,.40 and .45 M&P's the best. She finally settled on a Taurus Millennium Pro in 9mm, for her first purchase, http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...ategory=Pistol because the slide was easier to manipulate, easier to conceal (in a variety of purses), lighter weight and more controllable when shooting.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 02-22-09 at 10:09. Reason: typo
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ummmm... Maybe shes right handed? Think crossdraw in the above pic.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield Girl View Post
    I also have a XD-9 subcompact, lot less recoil and a hell of a lot easier to conceal especially if she's wearing a dress!
    I've never put a dress on a gun before, but if it aids concealability ...

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    As a long time and heavy user of .22s I must partially disagree with this statement. Certainly it's true of the promotional ammo that's $10/500, but that's like saying because we don't trust our lives to centerfire Aguila or S&B, all centerfire ammo is crap.
    It's a function of how the ammunition is manufactured. Rimfire primers can have gaps in the priming compound. Depending on how the round happens to align on the breechface it may or may not matter. And perhaps the rate of incidence with top-tier .22 ammo is low enough that it doesn't concern some people. When I was at Beretta we were very serious about making LE customers aware of it when they were considering our little .22 pocket guns for BUG duty.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My wife is also a smaller gal with small hands.

She started out liking my Glock 26, but found that the Kahr CW9 felt and shot better for her, so that's what she carries now. She highly recommends the Kahr 9mms to other women that she talks to about guns.

She dislikes revolvers as they "are ugly", so even though she can shoot my S&W 642s she'll have none of them.

She used to carry a Kel Tec P32, but she traded that in for the Kahr after making the decision on her own. The P32 had several stoppages when we were shooting at various times, and she eventually came to think the .32 might not be enough bullet for SD.

An option that might work for some people is a Beretta .22/.32 Tomcat combo.

These guns have the same grip, trigger and magazine capacity. One could shoot the .32 enough to prove reliability, then use the heck out of the .22 for practice.

The fact that laser grips are now available for these guns is a plus in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wife picked out her own gun, Kahr CW9. She got it mainly for carry so she hates long range sessions with it (100+ rnds) at the moment. But for 50 or so she is fine with it. Tried out Speer Gold Dots 124 gr and the 124 gr +P short barrel and couldn't tell the difference.

On the other hand my wife (all 5'4 100 lbs of her) actually loves shooting my old 1911 with 185gr ball ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    As a general rule, 9mm guns are easier because they have lighter springs.
    I always feel like 1911 springs are lighter than say a glock 19 or Springfield XD for some reason.

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast. Fast is good.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234