Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis Discussion

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    There has been a ton of research and a ton of bullshit peddled by people that just want to get high. I've actually studied the topic thoroughly and there is little credible research to support anything but glaucoma treatment and to increase appetite.

Go out and seek info with an open mind and don't read news articles.

Oh and be Denver thing, what is it exactly saying? People can get high instead of using pain medicine? Is that something that should be considered actually a reason to look at this? Booze has been proven to have the same effect.

Take off the tinfoil hat, the pharmaceutical companies are just trying to hurt you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    There has been a ton of research and a ton of bullshit peddled by people that just want to get high. I've actually studied the topic thoroughly and there is little credible research to support anything but glaucoma treatment and to increase appetite.

Go out and seek info with an open mind and don't read news articles.

Oh and be Denver thing, what is it exactly saying? People can get high instead of using pain medicine? Is that something that should be considered actually a reason to look at this? Booze has been proven to have the same effect.

Take off the tinfoil hat, the pharmaceutical companies are just trying to hurt you.

Yeah bro, let's all get ****ed up on opioids and alcohol. Numb the pain that way. Both are more addicting, and have much worse side effects than MJ.

I was always anti-weed growing up. It was beat into my head at a young age that drugs are bad mmkay. It wasn't until I met, and spent time with people dealing with serious shit like Cancer, PTSD, and crippling anxiety that I was shown exactly what MJ treatments can do for pain mitigation, increasing appetite and calming angry minds down. It gave these people a better quality of life.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    It's an incredibly slippery slope for sure. I remember hearing about people with medical MJ cards being denied CWP's in Washington at some point in the last few years. It's still federally viewed as a schedule 1 drug though, so I do wonder how that plays into the NFA game.

http://concealednation.org/2015/12/d...ting-your-ccw/
    Very true. If they deny CWP, then I would assume it would throw a massive ATF red flag when applying for a MMJ card. I would assume it's categorically low in statistics with NFA ownership and applying for MMJ. Regardless, that would force more black market sales and having to deal with drug dealers and possible arrest. Certainly puts some people in a bind that could legitimately benefit from MMJ and own a NFA firearm. The ATF doesn't play games and you would essentially be welcoming them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah bro, let's all get ****ed up on opioids and alcohol. Numb the pain that way. Both are more addicting, and have much worse side effects than MJ.

I was always anti-weed growing up. It was beat into my head at a young age that drugs are bad mmkay. It wasn't until I met, and spent time with people dealing with serious shit like Cancer, PTSD, and crippling anxiety that I was shown exactly what MJ treatments can do for pain mitigation, increasing appetite and calming angry minds down. It gave these people a better quality of life.
    I didn't say that one should get addicted to anything, did I?

People are candy-asses and should learn to live with pain. The US over-used pain medications...to the point where it's completely out of line with other industrialized nations, largely, due to reimbursement. Getting high isn't the answer.

There are other means to deal with problems you site that are much better than medication, including your preferred solution.

Potheads just want to be potheads.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    I wonder what happens if you own multiple NFA firearms and try to get a MMJ card for a legitimate alignment? They would probably flag you as a lunatic and seize your firearms and arrest you. But if you have a prescription for OxyContin and cash a liter of vodka daily, feel free to collect as many stamps as you'd like!

Forget NFA. More to the point is the part of a 4473 for any firearm purchase where they ask (question 11e) "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
    decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside"

If you are using medical marijuana and you answer "yes" to 11e, your 4473 is denied. Answer "no" and you commit a felony. Doesn't matter if it's legal in your state or not.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Can you provide an example of how the "Big Pharma" boogeyman has stymied research into medical cannabis? I don't follow it closely, but I'm not aware of any such intervention, nor can I grasp any reason whatsoever why they would.
    Pharma exists to make profit like any industry. They make money by coming up with a unique molecule they can patent, and sell, and or some unique approach to some existing molecules*. If it's not something they can get a patent on, then there's little incentive to research it, and scheduling being what it is, even less interest. Pharma, being a biz, follows the $. I do not generally hold the view they are actively attempting to suppress research into other treatments per se, but they'll ignore what they can't profit from and have pulled plenty of shady stuff and will go after those they feel costing them $. For example, statins are derived from red yeast rice. People had been using and or selling red yeast rice for control of lipid levels well before statins were created.

The makers of statins went to the FDA, who then sued those selling red yeast rice and lost. There's plenty of examples where they won, hence suppressing any competition. They also lobby hard for making various supps script only (while holding the patents for the medical use of those same supps, such as combining CoQ10 with statins) or banned outright because they view supplements as an obvious competition to business, not because they care about people's well being per se.

The above is not an endorsement of red yeast rice, just an example of how the game gets done.

* = Marinol being a good example specific to cannabis.

Pharmaceutical companies don't want you to get well, they want you to keep purchasing pills that they say will make you feel better. Far much more money is involved with keeping people sick, than there is making people well. Big Pharma is one of the pillars of big business that is the foundation of our modern Government.
    See my thoughts above. I think it's more a matter of following the $ than sitting around trying to think of ways to keep people sick. The way the system is set up, treating chronic illness is more profitable and there's no money in prevention and or less/non toxic therapies they can't make $ profit from.

Look at unbiased peer-reviewed sources rather than garbage news or propaganda pages. It's like you're asking Brady how to stop gun violence.
    Science and data is king, but looking for peer reviewed journal articles on how pharma may or may not intentionally squash research (being the major sponsors...) is a tall order, and legal actions, etc better sources. Here's something I wrote on the serious QC issue with pharma that never seems to get attention by main stream media. Reason why is explained:

Poor Quality Control In The Pharmaceutical Industry: A Report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    I wonder what happens if you own multiple NFA firearms and try to get a MMJ card for a legitimate alignment? They would probably flag you as a lunatic and seize your firearms and arrest you. But if you have a prescription for OxyContin and cash a liter of vodka daily, feel free to collect as many stamps as you'd like!
    Something to be aware of for sure. Not sure how that works.

I don't agree and unless you literally looked into it yesterday (as it's changing to rapidly) I'd say you may want to look at the topic again. I have posted quite a bit of recent peer reviewed data in this thread, but I agree totally, and have repeated such all through this lengthy thread, more data is needed badly. That will happen once feds wake up and change the schedule, and we are already seeing a big increase in interest and research into medical cannabis.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-29-17 at 12:54.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I didn't say that one should get addicted to anything, did I?

People are candy-asses and should learn to live with pain. The US over-used pain medications...to the point where it's completely out of line with other industrialized nations, largely, due to reimbursement. Getting high isn't the answer.

There are other means to deal with problems you site that are much better than medication, including your preferred solution.

Potheads just want to be potheads.

For some though man, there is chronic pain, or mental pain that they can't just get over.

I referenced alcohol and opioids because you mentioned something regarding alcohol having the same effect. I agree with you, pain pills are over-prescribed and easily abused, and you can damn near find them in every medical cabinet, and it's deemed by most as okay.

I have zero issue with people getting high on weed for recreational use if it's done responsibly and they aren't trying to drive or do dumb shit that can hurt you or anyone else.

For context and relevance, I don't smoke. I don't enjoy the high or being not sharp or fuzzy. Same reason I don't drink anymore.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Medical Cannabis Discussion

Will, pharm can and does patent synthetic canniboids.

Willis, other counties find solutions. If the pain is that bad, then why would non-options medications, or hell, even opioids be so much worse than canibus? People act like canibus is a magical solution to a long list of ailments which it is not.

Last edited by tylerw02; 06-29-17 at 14:13.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Will, pharm can and does patent synthetic canniboids.
    And I listed one above by name.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Forget NFA. More to the point is the part of a 4473 for any firearm purchase where they ask (question 11e) "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
    decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside"

If you are using medical marijuana and you answer "yes" to 11e, your 4473 is denied. Answer "no" and you commit a felony. Doesn't matter if it's legal in your state or not.
    Yes that is true when applying for the stamp. I'm wondering if you apply for MMJ after you already own NFA firearms (which would end any further NFA purchases) I'm guessing it's not possible without repercussions. I'd assume you could be approved for MMJ but then once it's entered in the system, would they try to confiscate your firearms or arrest you?

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast