Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LockenLoad View Post
    that is a wide brush you paint with
    Might be helpful to quote who you're referring to and why...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Needs to be confirmed in humans, but the non psychoactive component of cannabis could be useful in healing bone fractures:

A new study published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research by Tel Aviv University and Hebrew University researchers explores another promising new medical application for marijuana. According to the research, the administration of the non-psychotropic component cannabinoid cannabidiol (CBD) significantly helps heal bone fractures. The study, conducted on rats with mid-femoral fractures, found that CBD — even when isolated from tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the major psychoactive component of cannabis — markedly enhanced the healing process of the femora after just eight weeks.

The research was led jointly by Dr. Yankel Gabet of the Bone Research Laboratory at the Department of Anatomy and Anthropology at TAU's Sackler Faculty of Medicine and the late Prof. Itai Bab of Hebrew University's Bone Laboratory.

Cont:

https://www.aftau.org/weblog-medicin...3-965217752aaa
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMW89 View Post
    I kinda see it all as BS and a reason for people to get high. I personally think that the placebo effect is what it comes down to. If I was high as shit I wouldn't be worried about my back being sore or what have you.
    It's just not for me, I guess if you say it helps you, then fine. But I'm still gonna judge you as a pothead. No offense to the stoners out there
    That's just it, though. Suppose it is only a placebo effect; so what? If people smoke grass and feel their pain alleviated, that's preferable to the known addiction risk of opiates.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It would seem that eventually common sense would prevail. Regardless of the obvious medical benefits for cancer patients, seizures, etc., cannabis is much less dangerous than alcohol which is perfectly legal. We spend way too much money and time on marihuana enforcement as it is now. You are always going to have some who abuse, but we see the same problem with alcohol. I don't use either, but I also don't want to keep anyone else from using it responsibly. I believe you will see widespread legalization within the next ten years.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    It would seem that eventually common sense would prevail. Regardless of the obvious medical benefits for cancer patients, seizures, etc., cannabis is much less dangerous than alcohol which is perfectly legal. We spend way too much money and time on marihuana enforcement as it is now. You are always going to have some who abuse, but we see the same problem with alcohol. I don't use either, but I also don't want to keep anyone else from using it responsibly. I believe you will see widespread legalization within the next ten years.
    I agree, but wanted to keep it narrowed to potential medical uses vs devolving into a classic debate on if it should be legal for all casual uses which tends to go south quickly and is actually a different discussion in my view. Your mileage may vary.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sorry hmac, I do not have a subscription to NEJM so cannot read the whole article.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Robison View Post
    I don't doubt there are legit uses for it. My problem with it is everyone I know on MMJ was a stoner growing up and are doing nothing but looking for a legal way to get high as part of the bad back brigade or migraine mafia and "weed is the only thing that helps man". I'm sure there are plenty who don't fall into that crowd, but not among the people I personally know.
    This, 1,000 times!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^^^And at the risk of getting labeled as this type of person is why some vets like me (that need help) don't want to try to ask.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    ^^^^And at the risk of getting labeled as this type of person is why some vets like me (that need help) don't want to try to ask.
    I would agree that such comments don't help change the perception and bias out there by some. I knew lots of stoners growing up too. I was also surrounded by alcoholics, but that does not stop me from enjoying some drink when the mood hits me and knowing in moderate intakes, a plus to health.

Please don't let that prevent you from perusing what may be quite effective for a range of issues. What is true, is we need more data on the medical uses, but that's changing also as states realize the fed ban is outdated, illogical, and not supported by the data, and more research is done, and more docs report their clinical findings and experiences. As you can see, even the normally conservative VA not being anti medical cannabis.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seeing that we are being anecdotal, I've seen several patients adversely effected by MJ use. Anxiety d/o, nausea/vomiting disorders, and chronic pain syndromes caused or exacerbated by marijuana. I suspect we will see this become more prevalent as recreational marijuana becomes more common.

I know we are discussing medical marijuana, not recreational, but the I feel the end goal of most of the push for legalization is using potential medical uses as a stepping stone.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast