Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis Discussion

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I will definitely pass it along. Thanks Will.
    Weed smoked can't be standardized for endocannabinoids, far less gets into the system, and the amount not consistent, and harm from the smoke, a real concern via smoked route.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone who wants to use the sweet leaf for medical or other reasons easily can or probably already does, from cancer patients to teenagers 'who have access to every drug imaginable'. Most users aren't concerned about laws, it is way less expensive without government rules and regulations adding unneeded expense to everything they touch.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Weed May Treat ADHD Better Than Adderall, Study Says.
    The latest one comes from Germany, where scientists studied the effects of cannabis on 30 patients with ADHD who had limited success with conventional treatments for the disorder (Adderall and Ritalin). All 30 reported “improved concentration and sleep” and “reduced impulsivity” after using medicinal cannabis, according to the case report. Moreover, 22 out of the 30 patients decided to forgo their previously prescribed medications once the study was over and continue using medicinal marijuana to manage their symptoms.

Albeit with a very small sample group, this study provides some of the first clinical data on the potential of marijuana in treating ADHD, which, as we know, is characterized by difficulty concentrating, hyperactivity, impulsivity, and forgetfulness. Dr. David Bearman, a so-called figurehead of cannabis research, a.k.a. a "cannabinoidologist," explains the effects of marijuana in treating ADHD symptoms as having to do with the brain’s dopamine levels.

"Cannabis appears to treat ADD and ADHD by increasing the availability of dopamine," Bearman explains (via Leafly). "This then has the same effect but is a different mechanism of action than stimulants like Ritalin and dexedrine amphetamine, which act by binding to the dopamine and interfering with the metabolic breakdown of dopamine."
    Case report here.
    Conclusions

The present case report suggests that individuals suffer- ing from ADHD, a dysfunction with a symptomatic change in activity levels, may - in some cases - benefit from cannabis treatment in that it appears to regulate activation to a level which may be considered optimum for performance. There was evidence, that the con- sumption of cannabis had a positive impact on per- formance, behaviour and mental state of the subject. The present observation corroborates previous data of Müller-Vahl et al. [8] suggesting that in patients suffer- ing from Tourette syndrome, treatment with THC causes no cognitive defects. Gilles de la Tourette syn- drome is a neurobehavioral disorder associated with motor and vocal tics as well as behavioural and cogni- tive problems. The authors also hypothesized that the effects of cannabinoids in patients may be different from those in healthy users suggesting an involvement of the central cannabinoid receptor systems in the pa- thology of the disorder. The same conclusion may be drawn from previous studies [1, 2] and the present case report, although more information on these atypical effects should be provided and the underlying mecha- nisms are still to be elucidated.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    With legalization and less stigma, expect an explosion of research into the effects of endocannabinoids.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    In Israel, we don't have the emotional strings attached to marijuana like we have in the USA. As a result our research people have probable made Israel the leader in research in the world.

I have watched news stories where old people that were wheel chair bound were able to walk again after using medical marijuana. I don't remember what they were suffering from.

I will also note that the scientist in Israel have created a new breed of weed, they increased the medical properties of it and took away the getting high.

I even seem to remember that one researcher was having a high degree of success in using the chemicals found in marijuana to cure a type of cancer.

In closing I will say if WW2 were fought as badly as the war on drugs the world would still be under German and Japanese rule. Maybe the government needs to rethink the war.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    In Israel, we don't have the emotional strings attached to marijuana like we have in the USA. As a result our research people have probable made Israel the leader in research in the world.
    Uh huh. Right. Where is that research? Where is the Level 1 evidence of marijuana's safety and efficacy that these "leading researchers" are producing?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Uh huh. Right. Where is that research? Where is the Level 1 evidence of marijuana's safety and efficacy that these "leading researchers" are producing?

I read you loud and clear Hmac. I will only say that Yoni is a guy we want to keep on the forum. He has some great experiences and knowledge that we can all benefit from. Commando, yes, keyboard, no.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post

I have watched news stories where old people that were wheel chair bound were able to walk again after using medical marijuana. I don't remember what they were suffering from.

I will also note that the scientist in Israel have created a new breed of weed, they increased the medical properties of it and took away the getting high.

I even seem to remember that one researcher was having a high degree of success in using the chemicals found in marijuana to cure a type of cancer.

In closing I will say if WW2 were fought as badly as the war on drugs the world would still be under German and Japanese rule. Maybe the government needs to rethink the war.
    A researcher from Israel is featured in the show I posted a link to in this thread FYI.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I personally advocate for full legalization. The tax benefits seen in Washington and Colorado are incredible, and this is a great way for states that struggle with tourism and taxes in general to get out of the red, such as Montana where I grew up (one of the states that was ahead of it's time legalizing medicinal mind you). I have seen first hand the benefits of Marijuana on mental, and physical health of people that I know. I was like most right-leaners growing up and completely against the "pot-heads" and "stoners", and didn't have a clue until after high school.

Recreationally, it's not for me. I am not crazy about the high, and i do not enjoy smoking anything. My girlfriend suffers from social anxiety, pretty severely. She was on several anti-anxiety, anti-depressants that always made her feel like shit. She was always tired, never felt good, and would sleep most of the day. She began smoking when she would get anxious, and only when she would get anxious to calm her down and relax. She is now completely off of her prescription meds, and doing and living a better life now. She still gets anxious, still has a hard time in public sometimes, but she's getting better and weed is helping. Her cousin did two tours in Afghanistan a few years back. His first tour was fine, he didn't see any combat. On his second tour, the vehicle he was riding in was hit with an IED. He lost all of his friends, and was one of two survivors in the explosion. When he finally came home he was a mess. PTSD, anxiety, snapping at the drop of a hat. He and his wife moved up to Washington to be closer to the family, and decided to experiment with weed to treat his symptoms. He rarely has a flare-up now, but he caught flack from the VA while trying to get his college scholarship program done because of his "habit". It's fine now, and he is self-medicating just fine. I firmly believe that had a part in saving his life, along with the beautiful daughter they had soon after he returned. It's nice to see him smiling and enjoying life now.

I know this article was more on the molecular level and the science behind what makes all of it work, but I thought I would share that little bit. The research has been blocked for years due to stigmas and the stranglehold the pharmaceutical companies have that run this country. Cancer patients, Vets, medical cannabis treatment is helping people every single day, and we are just denying a great resource so often because of uneducated opinions. This documentary really had an effect on my opinions personally;

98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I am not aware of any randomized prospective studies in any of the peer-reviewed literature that provides evidence that there is any legitimate medical indication for cannabis. I would never "prescribe" it for that reason, not to mention the fact that it's illegal at the Federal level.

That doesn't mean I don't think it should be decriminalized, just that the medical angle is bullshit. Based on what we know so far.
    I can't recall what all was going on with this girl. I'm sure the info is out there. What I seem to recall is...

She had lots of seizures. They tried everything. A family with a similar issue said try the oil which they had no knowledge of. They got some illegally and her seizures diminished drastically. Moved to Colorado but had to move back here. Kept the pressure on and got a local law changed. http://www.nbcwashington.com/blogs/f...294211271.html

Now is it bullshit? I'm not a doctor. At the same time, that family doesn't strike me as your basic stoner looking for a loophole.

In my opinion, Marijuana should be treated exactly like home brew beer. Make what you want for yourself. Can trade and share reasonable quantities with friends if you like.

ETA:
    @WW -- I think that Charlottes Web are the people that helped this girl in my link. That's how they found out there may be some relief.
    Last edited by tb-av; 11-12-15 at 14:22.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast