Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis Discussion

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I can't recall what all was going on with this girl. I'm sure the info is out there. What I seem to recall is...

She had lots of seizures. They tried everything. A family with a similar issue said try the oil which they had no knowledge of. They got some illegally and her seizures diminished drastically. Moved to Colorado but had to move back here. Kept the pressure on and got a local law changed. http://www.nbcwashington.com/blogs/f...294211271.html

Now is it bullshit? I'm not a doctor. At the same time, that family doesn't strike me as your basic stoner looking for a loophole.

In my opinion, Marijuana should be treated exactly like home brew beer. Make what you want for yourself. Can trade and share reasonable quantities with friends if you like.

ETA:
    @WW -- I think that Charlottes Web are the people that helped this girl in my link. That's how they found out there may be some relief.
    Yes. Watch that video I posted, her father is a USMC vet if I am not mistaken.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thread bump. As expected, the changes in legal status in various states has lead to a big increase in research looking potential uses of compounds in Marijuana (mainly CBD) as a possible treatment for a variety of issues. Marijuana and some individual compounds found in Marijuana, are being looked at for PTSD. It should be noted that in some, Marijuana use can make PTSD worse, so not to be undertaken without supervision if diagnosed with PTSD. Various states have approved medical Marijuana for PTSD, and others (1) but check with your state for specifics.

A few recent studies of interest:

Brain-Imaging Study Links Cannabinoid Receptors to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Cannabidiol Modulates Fear Memory Formation Through Interactions with Serotonergic Transmission in the Mesolimbic System.

Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol alone and combined with cannabidiol mitigate fear memory through reconsolidation disruption.

(1) Florida for example:

What Ailments Qualify For Medical Marijuana in Florida

Patients in Florida diagnosed with one of the following "debilitating medical conditions", are afforded legal protection under the Florida Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative, as per Amendment 2:

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
    Cancer
    Crohn's disease
    epilepsy
    glaucoma
    HIV/AIDS
    Seizures
    Chronic muscle spasms
    Multiple sclerosis
    Parkinson’s disease
    post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
    or any other ailment/condition of the same severity/symptoms, when determined by a physician's opinion that the medical use of marijuana would surpass any potential health risks
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-03-17 at 17:53.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I will respond to the safety issue, by saying the following. Medical marijuana as far as Israel is concerned is not green leaf product that you smoke. It is pharmaceutical grade refined out CBD's that are in pill form. injections and liquid for using in drops.

I am currently looking at the status of the industry in the USA, which is in great turmoil as it moves from back yard people to more serious individuals and companies.

We are looking at a large multimillion dollar investment to enter into the field and we will be tied back in to the cutting edge research in Israel. We hope to establish ourselves as a power in the field in the USA, Israel,Canada and the EU in the next 5- 7 years.

I predict that as more states legalize weed, we will see the stoners forced out of the legal weed industry. As governments create regulations for production and product safety along with stupidly high taxes you will see the stoners get back into the market once again selling cheaper bootleg weed.

None of which will really hit me, as I really think the big money in the future will be on the medical side of things.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I will respond to the safety issue, by saying the following. Medical marijuana as far as Israel is concerned is not green leaf product that you smoke. It is pharmaceutical grade refined out CBD's that are in pill form. injections and liquid for using in drops.

I am currently looking at the status of the industry in the USA, which is in great turmoil as it moves from back yard people to more serious individuals and companies.

We are looking at a large multimillion dollar investment to enter into the field and we will be tied back in to the cutting edge research in Israel. We hope to establish ourselves as a power in the field in the USA, Israel,Canada and the EU in the next 5- 7 years.

I predict that as more states legalize weed, we will see the stoners forced out of the legal weed industry. As governments create regulations for production and product safety along with stupidly high taxes you will see the stoners get back into the market once again selling cheaper bootleg weed.

None of which will really hit me, as I really think the big money in the future will be on the medical side of things.
    The doc I have teamed up with is licensed in FL and ME.

Israel is way ahead of the curve and I know some of the most compelling research has come out of Israel and didn't just open head shops as say Netherland's has.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Research on cannabis in Israel started over 50 years ago, by 1 professor that brought the first pharmaceutical grade marijuana into Israel from the USA.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Research on cannabis in Israel started over 50 years ago, by 1 professor that brought the first pharmaceutical grade marijuana into Israel from the USA.
    Well, let me know how things progress on your end in terms of US biz entry and development. The med aspects are now just being really explored in the US.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    An interesting study with CBD, a non psychoactive component of cannabis and possible benefits in SPC:

Cannabidiol administration reduces sublesional cancellous bone loss in rats with severe spinal cord injury.

Eur J Pharmacol. 2017 May 4.

Abstract

Patients with spinal cord injury (SCI) undergo severe loss of bone mineral below the level of lesion, and data on available treatment options after SCI is scarce. The aim of this work was to investigate the therapeutic effect of cannabidiol (CBD), a non-psychoactive cannabis, on sublesional bone loss in a rat model of SCI.

The adult male rats were exposed to surgical transection of the cord and treated with CBD for consecutive 14 days. It was found that CBD treatment elevated the serum levels of osteocalcin, reduced the serum levels of collagen type I cross-linked C-telopeptide, and enhanced bone mineral density of tibiae and femurs. Treatment of SCI rats with CBD enhanced bone volume, trabecular thickness, and trabecular number, and reduced trabecular separation in proximal tibiae, and increased ultimate compressive load, stiffness, and energy to max force of femoral diaphysis.

Treatment of SCI rats with CBD upregulated mRNA expression of alkaline phosphatase and osteoprotegerin and downregulated mRNA expression of receptor activator of NF-κB ligand and tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase in femurs. Furthermore, treatment of SCI rats with CBD enhanced mRNA expression of wnt3a, Lrp5 and ctnnb1 in femurs. In conclusion, CBD administration attenuated SCI-induced sublesional cancellous bone loss.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28479140
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Recently released from the VA their position on medical cannabis and all things considered, credit where it's due for the VA:

VA and Medical Marijuana – What Veterans need to know

Several states in the U.S. have approved the use of marijuana (cannabis) for medical and/or recreational use. However, federal law classifies marijuana as a Schedule 1 controlled substance making it illegal in the eyes of the federal government.

Veterans should know that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is required to follow all federal laws regarding marijuana use.

Those Veterans who already participate in state marijuana programs, who are interested in participating, or living where recreational use of marijuana is approved should be aware of the federal rules that VA must follow:

Veterans who participate in state-approved medical marijuana programs will not be denied access to VA healthcare.

The use or possession of marijuana is prohibited at all VA medical centers, locations and grounds.

VA clinicians may not prescribe medical marijuana.

VA clinicians may not complete paperwork/forms required for Veteran patients to participate in state-approved marijuana programs.

VA pharmacies will not fill prescriptions for medical marijuana.

VA will not pay for medical marijuana prescriptions from any source.

Veterans are encouraged to discuss marijuana use with their VA providers.

VA doctors and clinical teams may advise Veterans who use marijuana of the drug’s impact on other aspects of the Veterans’ care such as pain management, PTSD or substance use disorder treatment.

VA doctors and clinical staff will record marijuana use in the Veterans VA medical record along with its impact on the Veterans treatment plan.

Veterans who are VA employees are subject to drug testing under the terms of employment.

If you have questions regarding this policy please contact: population.health@va.gov

Source:

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/medical-marijuana.asp
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any chance to re insert the vid in the first post?
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    Any chance to re insert the vid in the first post?
    I have looked for it and can't find it via YT. The series can be watched here:

http://www.awetv.com/miraclecure/

I will update the OP with that intel
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast