Thread: Will a DD MK12 low profile gas block fit under a Noveske NSR rail?

Feedback Score

Will a DD MK12 low profile gas block fit under a Noveske NSR rail?

Hi M4'ers,

I am building a SPRish rifle with a DD 18' S2W rifle length barrel with Noveske 15" NSR rail, does anyone know if the DD MK12 low profile gas block with fit under the NSR rail?

Thanks In Advance,
    MickeyJr308.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Probably not. From the looks of mine it wouldn't play nice with a KMR or even its own DD Lite III. Also, you may want to hit the gas block with a touch of krylon or oil it good cause it seems to rust easily.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Probably not. From the looks of mine it wouldn't play nice with a KMR or even its own DD Lite III. Also, you may want to hit the gas block with a touch of krylon or oil it good cause it seems to rust easily.
    Hi Pointblank4445,
    Thanks for the response I got my barrel and gas block today and yes you are right the DD MK12 gas block will not fit under the Noveske NSR rail. Will have to find a lower profile gas block.

Cheers.
    MickeyJr308

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The DD MK12 wouldn't fit under my KAC URX3 either. I just assumed it was the rail design. I'm not even sure why DD makes it anymore. It was supposedly designed for the military. Whoopty doo.

Funny when pretty much any other LPGB will do.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had the same issue with a DD LPGB on a mid-length under the RIS II. It only works on a carbine-length gas system under that rail, apparently.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There are several "low profile" gas blocks that won't fit under an NSR. Here's a link to Noveske. They are more but it's guaranteed to fit.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    From eyeballing it with a uninstalled gas block that I have, like the others above stated, doesn't seem like it'll fit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I installed a Troy set screw with an NSR once because I was sent the wrong size low pro(.625 and ordered .750) and had to grab one locally to get the upper put together.

The lowest profile GB out there is the Centurion though as their CMR rail system is about the smallest internally that I have ever seen and it was the only gas block guaranteed to fit. Quality was excellent as is all Centurion products.

Feedback Score
    Bought a Troy LPGB and it fits perfectly under the NSR Rail,
    Thanks for all of the responses.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SixEight View Post
    I'm not even sure why DD makes it anymore. It was supposedly designed for the military. Whoopty doo.

Funny when pretty much any other LPGB will do.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android
    You are absolutely correct and we do build it per the TDP specifications. We are currently a supplier of the MK12 LPG to the military as well as offer them commercially. Because of the wide flat bottom of the block, it won't fit under a lot of free float handguards. Ours included. On our RIS II rail system, we machined slots in the bottom rail to accommodate the block when installed on a carbine length gas system barrel.

For anyone who's interested, we do offer a clamp on style gas block as well. It fits under most handguards on the market.

S/F
    Joe
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com