Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 18" Precision AR Questions

Feedback Score
    OP: Popular (non picatinny, non carbon fiber) handguard options for this kind of build include KMR, Noveske NSR, and Geissele.

For my purpose, I went with Noveske. This build was completed when the NSR was brand new, prior to the KMR being introduced. Here is my rifle as it sits today, still a work in progress. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...k-12-Mod-P2000 She is getting much better glass soon.

You have to find your balance of rigidity and light weight. Also consider how important it is to you to hit a specified torque value at the barrel nut.

If considering rigidity, Geissele>NSR>KMR
    If considering lightweight, KMR>NSR>Geissele
    If considering meeting torque values precisely, choose Geissele or KMR. When it comes to torque value, the NSR is a craps shoot, you don't get to choose your torque value. I've installed 3 NSR handguards, One at max torque, one at min torque, and one in the middle. However, the NSR is very solid.
    Another consideration is that the KMR cannot be purchased right now.

Feedback Score
    Thank you Molon for consistently sprinkling real knowledge upon this forum over the years. I've learned a lot from your posts. I am a big fan of Mean Radius, or AMR, or ATC. Many terms for the same thing.

Fliers are for fisherman, and if a 5 shot group is the same as a 30 shot group, then my Tacoma must be as fast as a trophy truck.

If anyone is wanting another explanation of Mean Radius, here is an old thread. https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/in...p/t-82297.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by waveslayer View Post
    LOL I will go and shoot a 30 shot string for you. but to be far how fast did you shoot? I will accept this challenge.
    Still waiting for this...
    People start out wanting to do shooting as a hobby and it ends up their hobby is actually buying and operating expensive tools. Doesn't make sense when you think about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    Still waiting for this...
    will do once I'm back from traveling, been having it rough in Hawaii for work...

and then I will make up some loads since I'm down to about 15. so you don't have to hold your breath
    Using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123