Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Threaded Barrel for a Glock?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have lone wolf barrels for a 17 and a 19. Never an issue and they seem plenty accurate.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've had issues with Storm Lake and LWD barrels before (but I had one LWD G-23 .40 to 9mm threaded barrel that had no issues). That said, the KKM would be my choice of the ones you listed. I went with a Bar-Sto gunsmith fit (fitted by Accurate Iron) for my G-17. It's 100% reliable and crazy accurate.

What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Great results with 9mm conversions from LWD for G23 and G24.

Feedback Score
    My threaded LWD has shot better groups than my factory G17 barrel. If you handload, you would likely have to shorten OALs unless you pay extra to have LW throat the barrel a bit more, they're short compared to OE. No issues with factory ammo so far.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have a threaded Storm Lake barrel for my G19 w/ SilencerCo Octane 9. I had about 3 FTF's in the first box of ammo. I emailed SL about this and they said it is "expected as the barrel needs to break in to your gun". Thought I got ripped off at first, but now I believe them because 800 rounds later I haven't had a single failure of any kind.

Additionally, the barrel is a laser both suppressed and unsuppressed. I'm talking multiple magazines through a golf ball sized hole at 15 yards with boring regularity.

I will be buying another.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-15-15 at 19:25.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    This is an important note that a lot of people don't realize until it's too late. Most 9mm suppressors are going to be a more 'standard' thread of 1/2x28 which is what most of the aftermarket bbls are available in (most common 9mm pattern) with a few offering the OEM thread pattern as well. Personally, I keep all of my mine 1/2x28 so that I can run my suppressors on all of my 9mm firearms easily.

Except that isn't really true.

The OEM industry standard for 9mm pistols is 13.5x1 LH

These threads are less prone to coming unscrewed and provide O-ring support which 1/2-28 can't do.

Every major silencer company makes their pistol silencer thread inserts in 13.5x1 LH.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Except that isn't really true.

The OEM industry standard for 9mm pistols is 13.5x1 LH

These threads are less prone to coming unscrewed and provide O-ring support which 1/2-28 can't do.

Every major silencer company makes their pistol silencer thread inserts in 13.5x1 LH.
    I knew someone was going to argue the statement about which 9mm thread was the most common.

Regardless of which one is better or worse & for what reasons 1/2x28 is the most common 9mm thread.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    I got a lone wolf in G19 no issues personally. And a Storm Lake in a G22 conversion to 9mm both threaded. I was suprised no malfunctions at all yet with G22 conv. (barrel, guide rod and spring)... Suppressed???? still waiting on that stamp. Both barrels out shoot me at least. I guess I'm lucky with all my center fire stuff.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    Interesting - glad I asked the question as I had no idea the OEM bbls (and HK, Sig, etc.) were using a LH twist. I'm tempted to try Silencerco or ZEV because they have solid reputations, but I don't like being a test-monkey and they are relatively new to this market if I'm not mistaken. I know a couple folks who love their KKM bbls (non-threaded). I may just wait for a holiday sale and see what kind of deals I can find and go with that.

Thanks for all the input!
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    When i first got into cans i bought all my threaded barrels from Jarvis. They are very accurate and high quality. You get what you pay for. Lone wolf and kkm also werwnt around then.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast