Thread: MS4 user considering the VCAS

Feedback Score

MS4 user considering the VCAS

I'm pretty happy with the fit, comfort, and adjustability of my MS4 after putting it through its paces in a two day carbine course. I need additional slings for the rest of the fleet and I'm pausing to consider the VCAS since it's so highly regarded around these parts and others, but it's unclear what the upside is if I'm happy with the comfort and adjustment of the MS4. Any point in me taking a chance on the VCAS?

I'm not interested in the VTAC due to the loose adjustment "tail".

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    The Vcas is lighter for one. They make a version that can be used like the MS4 with the one point to two point setup and it's still lighter, but both are good slings!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know the vtac isn't in your choice list, but they cinch up the the tightest when carrying. I feel that the tail issues that people claim are over exaggerated.

My ms4 sits now on a 15/22 due to it not being padded.

Proctor sling is one of the lighter ones if weight is priority one.

Feedback Score
    (apologies for posting this in the wrong section, meant to put it in Tactical Gear)

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm fine with the weight of the MS4 but wouldn't mind something that cinches up tighter when front slung. Having seen and inspected a VTAC up close, I know that the tail would bug me to no end and the rest of the sling seemed fussy to me.

Let me know if there are any other slings besides the Proctor one that I should check out, otherwise i will get a couple more MS4s.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    You may want to give the Sheriff of Baghdad Sling a look as well. Super light weight, and cinches down as tight as the VTAC
    Kentucky Regional Training Group

Shot placement is power- Stephen A. Camp

I'm aware my avvy does not stand for Heckler and Koch

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I made the switch and couldn't be happier. VCAS all the way!
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I tried a VTAC and switched to a padded VCAS. I'll run a VCAS on every rifle of mine from here on out. Granted I have not tried any other slings but the VCAS fits my needs and use.