Thread: New 7.62x39mm build

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

New 7.62x39mm build

Build #2 ...

Anderson lower, CMMG parts kit, DPMS 2-stg trigger, Ergo grip, Ace skeleton buttstock, Spikes upper, ARD 7.62x39mm HBAR profile barrel with JP Enterprises adjustable gas block, 15" Omega free-float keymod rail, pre-ban magazines and a Trijicon 1-4X scope.

I also have 5-rnd mags and will also use this for crappy weather deer hunting, as I've had good luck on game with 125-grain soft-points in this caliber. To me, the linear design of the AR platform is absolutely incredible for inherent accuracy, as one can typically buy or build a precision semi-auto AR that out-shoots off the rack bolt guns - as you guys here all know,

Using Brown Bear cheap ammo, $6/box, this will shoot ~2 MOA (but no better, loll...) out to 200-yards, off bi-pods and rabbit ear rear bag ... sure can't beat that! Slightly better for 3-shot groups using PMC soft-points, best so far is 3 in 1-5/8" group and it's repeatable. The PMC -39mm SPs are good 'game feed'! After I tuned the gas port, all of the empties landed in a 2' wide circle, no throwing brass wild, which to me means the gas operation was optimized.

Last edited by Lefty223; 09-15-15 at 08:35.

Feedback Score
    What BCG are you using?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gas1 View Post
    What BCG are you using?
    Of that I am not sure, as it came as a pkg deal, BCG w/ bolt headspaced to barrel.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Still amazed how well this build will shoot w/ surplus ammo! I have about 10-different brands of -39mm and premium soft-points like PMC still shoot sub-MOA groups at 100Y, thus reserving this for my deep woods/ceappy weather day arm, w/ 5-rounds mag of course.

My favorite bulk round is Golden Tiger and this continues to keep them around 1 MOA. Amazeballs! Was at the range w/ 2 otjer ARs and everyone liked shooting this one the best. 5 hits out of 5-shots offhand at the 6" gong became boringly ... well, boring! Made me wish I brought my black powdah flint smoothbore (no rear sight) to at least have some challange.