Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Binary Firing System" from Franklin Armory - fire on pull AND on release

Feedback Score

"Binary Firing System" from Franklin Armory - fire on pull AND on release

Saw this on Facebook today. I don't know that I'd want it for anything other than screwing around, certainly not without practice, but it's an interesting idea (and there's a stickied thread here discussing how to make sure you trigger doesn't accidentally fire on release). I wonder how well it'll work. Of course, plenty of these methods of increasing rate of fire need lots of practice - I've been told it takes a while to learn to use a slidefire stock or 3MR trigger the way they demonstrate, that's probably true of this as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing reviews, hopefully some by people who buy the trigger (I don't trust reviews where the item is provided much).
    Last edited by Junkie; 09-15-15 at 22:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ... this seems like a really, really bad idea. Not from a legal standpoint, but from one of negligence.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    Nothing new here as this is easily achieved by 'stoning' a factory trigger group.

Feedback Score
    Looks like a dangerous gimmick.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I like the idea of no extra gizmos/springs/floppy stocks and/or holding your mouth right. Just another disconnector like the real deal.

I don't understand how the Binary system would have memory of what trigger function was up after a bolt lock back though. Is a burst cam installed?

Obviously, the hammer couldn't drop with the carrier on top off it when you released the trigger but, huh? One letter did say "no hammer follow". Are you suppose to hold trigger back as you reload?

You then load a fresh mag, smack your BHO and are suppose to then pull the trigger for nothing to happen until you release the trigger? Danger!

Don't quite understand holding the trigger in pulled position and flipping safety to disable next function either. I mean, while holding trigger to the rear I'm suppose to rotate selector all the way from position 3 to position 1? Letter says you can go to position 2 to deactivate Binary but doesn't that go against safe handling? I'd want it on full position 1 before letting go.

Not to mention dropping a firearm while the 'release' firing function is next.

All that but...If these aren't ridiculously priced my 12 year old self would punch me in the scrotum for not buying one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Aside from the remarkably unsafe condition this offers, I'm still wondering "Why?" Aside from making Federal, Remington, Winchester, Hornady, Speer, and others' quarterly profits climb, anyhow.

Using it in an effective manner goes against so many safety rules and training lessons that I'm having a lot of trouble taking it seriously.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't understand what purpose this could possibly offer. Maybe putting this on a 10-22 and doing some plinking would be a good time, but goddamn this is dumb.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No one has to take it seriously. I doubt the trigger is as dangerous as everyone is making it out to be and no one can know if the trigger had real world utility until they shoot it
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    No one has to take it seriously. I doubt the trigger is as dangerous as everyone is making it out to be and no one can know if the trigger had real world utility until they shoot it
    Yeah, I view this as along the same lines as those cranks you put in your trigger guard. A toy that you have fun with, not for serious use. As long as you know what you're getting into I don't see it as particularly dangerous but what do I know.

Feedback Score
    I thought releasing was part of one function of the trigger and would make a machinegun. Maybe I missed something.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast