Thread: Where the hell are all the 4 inch FF rails?!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Where the hell are all the 4 inch FF rails?!

I'm building a 9mm SBR with a 5" Barrel. I have found very few options. Anything I'm missing here?

-SLR Rifleworks makes a 4" quad rail that is a top contender for my build but the weight puts me off
    -Lancer makes a gorgeous 4" Carbon Fiber option, but it has no top rail, which is a deal breaker.
    -The old school knurled tubes
    -YHM's ugly and bulky options
    -Guntec's rip off of the NSR that seems to have reports of terrible quality
    -Airsoft (licensed) knock off's of the DD Omega 4.0
    -The STAR-4 from Samson, which seems to be the best but I dislike the look
    -The Ergo EZ rail that looks heavy and crudely mounted
    -oversized rails that ruin the compactness of the setup and force you to run one of those fad-tastic flash cans

Anyone know of something else? Preferably in M-LOK or Keymod?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm going back and forth on a 4.5" .22 SBR build and was mainly looking at the Madbull 4" DD LITE setup for a low cost solution. From everything I've read, the licensed stuff is made pretty well.

The other option is to just get a 7" handguard and always shoot it with the suppressor attached.
    People start out wanting to do shooting as a hobby and it ends up their hobby is actually buying and operating expensive tools. Doesn't make sense when you think about it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Or have a longer one cut to length like I did. Of course, I had a 5.5" barrel and didn't want the extra barrel length sticking out. If you might go this way, look at the Troy and Midwest Ind. rails. I've found them to offer good spots to cut without leaving U-notches from lightening holes.
    ETA pics and to say you may want to stick with a non-keymod/mlok rail depending on just how short you need.

Last edited by halo2304; 09-16-15 at 13:29.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Great idea. What did you cut it with and how did you deal with the cut. Looks like you may have put something on it to darken it back up. Do you smooth it out somehow? But must have been sharp.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    usmcvet, I had a local guy cut it. He did all the work except refinish it. I just gave it a quick coat of BBQ paint. It needs more but I don't feel like tearing it down just for that. I tried some Alumihide-whatever it's called and it didn't really work.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Looks good to me.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I ran into the same issue. I ended up going with a 4" Mas Defense FF rail. It's pretty much an NSR knock-off. The screws it comes with strip pretty easily if you over-tighten but all in all, it does the job. My barrel is 5.25" for reference.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonsg05 View Post
    I ran into the same issue. I ended up going with a 4" Mas Defense FF rail. It's pretty much an NSR knock-off. The screws it comes with strip pretty easily if you over-tighten but all in all, it does the job. My barrel is 5.25" for reference.
    Yeah, these seem to be the same as Guntec. I might end up just getting one of these. I figure if I go through Guntec though I might be able to use their warranty to get rid of a sub par unit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a Daniel Defense 4" lite rail that I did not like.
    It sat in the closet for years before I decided to post it on ebay last December.
    It sold for way more than I had in it.