Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Potential problem installing flash hider

Feedback Score
    I just had the same issue. I replaced my A2 flash hider with a Lantac Dragon. I bought 4 crush washers just in case. First I used the washer came with the Dragon and it timed to 6 o'clock hand tight. All I needed was a half a turn more but I could not get it. I felt the washer stop crushing and bottom out. I was tightening it a little then backing off until finally it just stopped. The next washer I hand tightened and it timed to about 4 o'clock so I did not even bother. The 3rd one timed hand tight to about 9 o'clock so I used that one. Again it was a PITA. I struggled to get that last little turn so it was timed correctly. I think I am going to pick up an accu-washer kit and give that a go. I changed a rail on an AR a few months ago and putting the flash hider back on with a new washer was a breeze. Not sure why these ones were so difficult. It seemed like they would only crush for about 1/8th of a turn or so and beyond that they were really difficult.
    Last edited by MJDGator; 09-28-15 at 17:24.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Glad to hear it worked out.

Now we want to know how it shoots.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDGator View Post
    I just had the same issue. I replaced my A2 flash hider with a Lantac Dragon. I bought 4 crush washers just in case. First I used the washer came with the Dragon and it timed to 6 o'clock hand tight. All I needed was a half a turn more but I could not get it. I felt the washer stop crushing and bottom out. I was tightening it a little then backing off until finally it just stopped. The next washer I hand tightened and it timed to about 4 o'clock so I did not even bother. The 3rd one timed hand tight to about 9 o'clock so I used that one. Again it was a PITA. I struggled to get that last little turn so it was timed correctly. I think I am going to pick up an accu-washer kit and give that a go. I changed a rail on an AR a few months ago and putting the flash hider back on with a new washer was a breeze. Not sure why these ones were so difficult. It seemed like they would only crush for about 1/8th of a turn or so and beyond that they were really difficult.
    To be honest, I was concerned as well. I always try to one stop shop on the web. I wanted a new crush and a Magpul BEV. Midway wound up being where I ordered from, as they had both in stock.

My concern was all they had in stock was a DPMS crush...the YHM crush's were out of stock. I got lucky appearantly as I had zero issues all the way to "timed".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Glad to hear it worked out.

Now we want to know how it shoots.
    Thank you sir for your input on this subject.

I cannot wait to shoot it, the constant rain here says otherwise.

Not any reviews, that I can find, on the Flame.

I will update the results in the Faxon thread ASAP.

At the end of all this, I'm SO glad I did all this work myself. Now I KNOW how it was put together..I even found some feeler gauges at work to check the clearance between the rail and upper...it's well within the spec. Mild OCD is good for working on an AR. Piece of mind is priceless.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockman1968 View Post
    To be honest, I was concerned as well. I always try to one stop shop on the web. I wanted a new crush and a Magpul BEV. Midway wound up being where I ordered from, as they had both in stock.

My concern was all they had in stock was a DPMS crush...the YHM crush's were out of stock. I got lucky appearantly as I had zero issues all the way to "timed".
    I've used plenty of DPMS crush washers. The good news is that DPMS probably doesn't even make them. I would actually be surprised if there were more than two or three crush washer manufacturers.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567