Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How could we get suppressors off of the NFA?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    What class of gun is safe from further banning? Give me a direct answer.

Single shot?
    Pump action shotgun?
    Detachable box magazine fed semi auto rifle?

I am waiting for your answer.
    Do you have an intellectual disability? I suggest you actually read Heller vs. DC, the Miller case was cited in there several times including the majority opinion agreeing with Miller that 2a protects arms in "common use." So to answer your question, all 3 classes of firearms you cited are indeed in common use, thus protected.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Do you have an intellectual disability? I suggest you actually read Heller vs. DC, the Miller case was cited in there several times including the majority opinion agreeing with Miller that 2a protects arms in "common use." So to answer your question, all 3 classes of firearms you cited are indeed in common use, thus protected.

You are reading words into the decision that aren't there.

If a future AWB was sent to scotus, it would be upheld. The safe act was upheld in court even though the ar15 is the most common rifle in America.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    You are reading words into the decision that aren't there.

If a future AWB was sent to scotus, it would be upheld. The safe act was upheld in court even though the ar15 is the most common rifle in America.
    No, I read the entire majority opinion and I know what is and isn't in it. The ruling did leave "wiggle room" for gun control but it does not allow entire classes of firearms to be banned. If the SAFE act was challenged before the SCOTUS it would be shot down. The chicken little mentality is not a winning strategy, always playing defense falls right into the hands of the left. Also using words like "toy" to describe a firearm or "enthusiast" to describe yourself does nothing to forward the cause, they cheapen a constitutionally protected right.

Feedback Score
    No, I read the entire majority opinion and I know what is and isn't in it. The ruling did leave "wiggle room" for gun control but it does not allow entire classes of firearms to be banned. If the SAFE act was challenged before the SCOTUS it would be shot down. The chicken little mentality is not a winning strategy, always playing defense falls right into the hands of the left. Also using words like "toy" to describe a firearm or "enthusiast" to describe yourself does nothing to forward the cause, they cheapen a constitutionally protected right.
    Thank You.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    who knows. I hate to think about it.
    Well that is why we need to do the following.

Insure they never hold power in any real number, we do that by doing the following

Purging the GOP of its RINOs/Cucks who value "compromise" or "respectability" over victory.

Take back education via choice/vouchers. With education out of their hands they will not have the means to poison the minds of future generations/future voters.

Greatly reduce immigration as to cut off the voter importation pipeline for the Democratic party.

With education lost and immigration shut down we will cap and reduce their power...With a solid party we can have a united front against the leftist scum.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCumia View Post
    Well that is why we need to do the following.

Insure they never hold power in any real number, we do that by doing the following

Purging the GOP of its RINOs/Cucks who value "compromise" or "respectability" over victory.

Take back education via choice/vouchers. With education out of their hands they will not have the means to poison the minds of future generations/future voters.

Greatly reduce immigration as to cut off the voter importation pipeline for the Democratic party.

With education lost and immigration shut down we will cap and reduce their power...With a solid party we can have a united front against the leftist scum.
    Hells yes!
    People seem to have forgotten the importance of winning. I don't mean elections. I mean long-term victory. Way too many people are blinded by short-term gain, or even worse short-term aversion of loss, even when it comes at the cost of guaranteed long-term loss.
    e.g.1. sell out the country, Western civilization and your children's generation to win votes, favor with the mainstream media.
    e.g.2. sell out your own rights and the rights of others to appear "reasonable" to completely unreasonable morons stuck in perpetual adolescence

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The ruling did leave "wiggle room" for gun control but it does not allow entire classes of firearms to be banned. If the SAFE act was challenged before the SCOTUS it would be shot down.

Keep thinking that.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Hells yes!
    People seem to have forgotten the importance of winning. I don't mean elections. I mean long-term victory. Way too many people are blinded by short-term gain, or even worse short-term aversion of loss, even when it comes at the cost of guaranteed long-term loss.
    e.g.1. sell out the country, Western civilization and your children's generation to win votes, favor with the mainstream media.
    e.g.2. sell out your own rights and the rights of others to appear "reasonable" to completely unreasonable morons stuck in perpetual adolescence
    McCathery just got shot down to be House Speaker, which is great because he is like Eric Cantor only with 10 fewer IQ points.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post

If you had to pay a $200 tax to exercise your other Constitutionally-protected natural rights, would you be OK with that?
    Sure, things could be worse, but that's hardly a reason to tolerate such a situation. Living under the British *could have been worse*. It still justified revolution.
    Key word: "IF YOU HAD TO". Well, we don't. Its a bad comparison and not logical and your implying that having to pay $200 tax for a suppressor is like having to pay $200 for your freedom of speech. Birth certificates, marriage certificates, death certificates, drivers license aren't free and technically freedoms or at least freedom implied privileges . In fact, if you want to assemble and hold a protest, you have to get a permit and that cost money, if your going to use a PA system, you have to have a different permit and that cost more money.The constitution says "right to bear arms", which we have that right. Its simple, rights are freedoms, but necessary free- Uncle Sam has to make money too. I'm not on anyone's side on this subject, i do believe that suppressors should be available as an option but anytime the government opens up a discussion on topics like this, we always hear the left contribute ignorant, unintelligent information about how 19 million people were killed with silencers just last month in the state of Rhode Island and how attaching a silencer makes a gun completely silent just like in the movies. Better to leave something's the way they are, too many people complained about the rising cost of health care and now look, you get fined if you don't have it.

Feedback Score
    What compromise had gotten us.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast