Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Range Etiquette Question

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by selanative View Post
    The other weekend their was an AK ejecting brass so hard it stuck in the wood. We laughed about it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Like men should...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Did they complain about the noise also?

A range here has stations about 2" apart. When it's packed, you will get hit.

Imo it comes with the territory. A packed range is a packed range, sensitive people should wait for the crowds to die down.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Before complaining to the shooter next to me, I would simply adjust my OWN position (either move forward or rearward a few inches) to avoid getting hit in the head with brass. Why not remedy the issue yourself before crying to the fella next to you. As many have said its a shooting range; expect to get hit with brass. If it really bothers you bring your own divider.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    Other than safety violations, complaining about folks on public ranges is like eating at Chuck E Cheese and complaining about the ambiance.

Now that's a keeper.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Story time!

I was at the range a few months ago. Some guys showed up and I offered them one of the benches our group was using. I was being a nice guy.

So what does he do? Pull out a ****ing .50 with a massive brake on it and an assortment of other hardware. I immediately let out a "Thats what I get for being nice I suppose..."

A few minutes later, the guy starts shooting a Dragonov in 7.62x54R...with steel cased ammo...hitting me right in the head. Our range has "Dividers" that you can easily place on any of the benches to prevent brass from hitting your neighbor. I immediately got up and went to place one on his bench, but his big ass .50 was on that side of the bench. I asked him to move the .50 so I could put the divider there and he sighed loudly, grabbed the rifle, and said "Wowwwwww" as if to imply I'm a pussy because I didn't want big ass pieces of hot steel repeatedly knocking me in the noggin from someone I was considerate to while I was at a place I paid to be at.

My buddy, seeing what was going on, went to the opposite side of him and mag dumped a full auto 5.56mm that literally rained hot brass all over him and his buddy as they were trying to get the Dragonov zeroed. That is loyalty.

Worthless without pics.

Last edited by Eurodriver; 12-29-15 at 09:14.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Story time!

I was at the range a few months ago. Some guys showed up and I offered them one of the benches our group was using. I was being a nice guy.

So what does he do? Pull out a ****ing .50 with a massive brake on it and an assortment of other hardware. I immediately let out a "Thats what I get for being nice I suppose..."

A few minutes later, the guy starts shooting a Dragonov in 7.62x54R...with steel cased ammo...hitting me right in the head. Our range has "Dividers" that you can easily place on any of the benches to prevent brass from hitting your neighbor. I immediately got up and went to place one on his bench, but his big ass .50 was on that side of the bench. I asked him to move the .50 so I could put the divider there and he sighed loudly, grabbed the rifle, and said "Wowwwwww" as if to imply I'm a pussy because I didn't want big ass pieces of hot steel repeatedly knocking me in the noggin from someone I was considerate to while I was at a place I paid to be at.

My buddy, seeing what was going on, went to the opposite side of him and mag dumped a full auto 5.56mm that literally rained hot brass all over him and his buddy as they were trying to get the Dragonov zeroed. That is loyalty.

Worthless without pics.

You have good friends.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456