Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M4/CQBR Clone, too soon to be retro?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Again guys, thanks for your help. In regards to the BE Meyers being used...I am guessing these were not suppressor compatible? And if not, they must have been dedicated short barrels, preferring the compactness over noise discipline? This is a very interesting direction, and I was always assuming I would use the KAC NT4, but the BE Meyers gives me another possible option depending on exactly which variant (of the CQBR) I end up with.

Feedback Score
    Correct, no suppressor option to my knowledge for the BE Meyers muzzle device. I would go with the NT4 and the QDSS suppressor, which is what I did personally.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There is an adapter that they made for a bit that would allow the use of an NT4 with the BE meyers. IIRC one of the guys in the mk18 thread on TOS has one. I remember reading that Surefire mounts were licensed from them at some point too.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I remember reading that Surefire mounts were licensed from them at some point too.
    Surefire licensed the technology from BE Meyers for their flash hider. You can not attach a Surefire suppressor to the BE Meyer flash hider.

I would go with a NT4 and QDSS can, or a Surefire 3 prong and SOCOM 5.56 can.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There was a NT4 compatible BE Meyers flash hider in use on the Mk18 Mod 0 guns. Most of them were marked "Prototype". I had one and sold it a while ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearedHot View Post
    There was a NT4 compatible BE Meyers flash hider in use on the Mk18 Mod 0 guns. Most of them were marked "Prototype". I had one and sold it a while ago.
    Now that is cool! First I've seen one of those, and I follow the 1000+ page MK18 thread over on AR15 religiously. Maybe I will come across one for sale some day.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very, very neat. I'm guessing these didn't see much action/use in the hands of those in the field. Guys, I've got parts arriving for this build almost daily. On the charging handle, can I roll with stock or do I need to drop the dime on the PRI unit?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by albatrossarmament View Post
    Very, very neat. I'm guessing these didn't see much action/use in the hands of those in the field. Guys, I've got parts arriving for this build almost daily. On the charging handle, can I roll with stock or do I need to drop the dime on the PRI unit?
    They do offer their latches separately if you did not want the whole thing.

http://www.precisionreflex.com/Detai...86698&CAT=4293

Sent from my PIP-BOY 3000 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by albatrossarmament View Post
    On the charging handle, can I roll with stock or do I need to drop the dime on the PRI unit?
    The PRI M84 Gas Buster is the clone correct choice.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    They do offer their latches separately if you did not want the whole thing.
    The latch is not the real purpose for the PRI Gas Buster, the name says it all. The M84 is designed to put less gas in the operators face when shooting suppressed. The latch won't provide this function.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast