Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: USSOCOM Issues Safety of Use Message for EOTech Enhanced Combat Optical Sights

Feedback Score
    One of the things that I do not understand about this whole thing is that there have been other optics/ aiming devices with known similar issues, but were prefered overall, at the time at least. The circle dot concept is fast compared to a dot alone in use. Is it possible that the optic just fell out of a preference to other devices when it has been a known issue for a while?
    No optic is perfect. My Aimpoint dots aren't round, my Eotech's shift zeros somewhat, etc. Why hasn't more focus been on other aiming devices that are far worse than Eotech?
    As much as I would like everything to be perfect, we aren't in a perfect world. Everything has it's own issues, some worse than others. Why focus on something that has less issues than others?
    If guys are told to "tape it down" or "re-zero frequently" on other items, why are we not more focused on those?
    Deal with bigger problems first.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I thought about doing the refund but I would have to pony up more money to get other optics. I may just pass on doing it

Feedback Score
    LAV told me this stuff years ago, and once again he is proven right. I've yet to find an instance where he wasn't right. So for me it's been Aimpoint since day one. I've engineered and built mounts for them for almost 6 years now and never had one crap out on me.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789