Thread: OhioFiniance aka Jim R NEGATIVE

Dano5326 Guest

Thumbs down

Feedback Score
    31 (97%)
    Sorry I didn't respond to your "I'm a vetted SME" so give me what I want line. The first email I sent I said I would help anyway I can. That unfortunately involved filing a claim with the USPS. As I stated, the sight was packaged in the identical fashion as from the manufacturer, which is to say the sight, with index card backer, inside a plastic bag which was then inside an envelope. I am filing a claim with USPS for the loss and paypal has you covered. As stated, once I hear from USPS I will act accordingly. Not sure how much more accommodating, responsive or polite I can be. Clearly the package was damaged in transit, hence the letting the carrier do what they get paid to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OhioFinance; 09-21-15 at 15:17.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    James, if you are opting to track it down with USPS then the paypal refund should happen ASAP. If you were to allow the buyer to file, then it would be the correct thing to do to hold off until USPS rules on the claim, and for how much.

That all being said, it really doesn't matter if the item was damaged in transit, especially where PayPal is concerned. The exchange of funds were for a sight, that didn't arrive. Unless you disbelieve that, there is no reason NOT to refund the paypal amount.

I hate when it goes sideways, but this is why I always, always, always buy enough insurance to cover a replacement.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    31 (97%)
    Media presence? As I stated once I got clear info from USPS on how to proceed you'd get a refund. USPS had me file the claim (rather than you) and I processed your refund via paypal. Sorry I don't use Ebay often, didn't know that mattered. And my Ebay account is based on my screen name here(which is the same on every forum I'm on) not my email address. You can however look in the Equipment Exchange here and see that I have in fact sold thousands of dollars in gear without issue. I have no idea where you get Josie from, I assume you think an Ebay account with the name jross is mine? I must be the only jross on the internet. I'm not sure what internet "databases" you're using either but clearly inaccurate. So to recap, I said to let me get clear info from USPS RE: the claims process and go from there. The claims process took less than a day and you received a refund, so much for patience.
    Last edited by OhioFinance; 09-22-15 at 09:17.

Dano5326 Guest

Feedback Score
    31 (97%)
    It takes longer because of the "dispute" you initiated. Feel free to verify that with Paypal. Assumed you knew that with your extensive Ebay experience. Let me know if you need more screenshots. Thanks for the packaging pics, it helped with the USPS claim. IMG_20150922_091604.jpg
    Last edited by OhioFinance; 09-22-15 at 09:18.

Feedback Score
    31 (97%)
    Paypal didn't resolve the dispute in your favor, I refunded your money and requested they close the dispute. You said the package was damaged, I suggested calling USPS to see how they wanted to handle it. Since you didn't, I did and then I did exactly what they suggested on the claims front. Just fyi, the only proof I needed to supply per Paypal to "win" the dispute is proof of shipping, yet I didn't do that. I simply refunded your money and let USPS process my claim. And yes the reason I didn't just refund your cash without filing the USPS claim first (despite you telling me you're a SME) is I have no idea what happened to the item after it was mailed. I'm not entirely sure what your issue is but you received a full refund in less than what 15 hours total or about what 3 or 4 business hours? You seem to want to believe I did something wrong. I did not. I shipped the item you paid for. The package was damaged in transit. I followed USPS and Paypal's protocols and you got your money back within hours of being made aware of the issue. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by OhioFinance; 09-28-15 at 08:37.