Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOHICA: El Presidente preparing more executive orders on guns

Feedback Score

BOHICA: El Presidente preparing more executive orders on guns

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-gun-control/

The White House confirmed that President Obama was preparing a series of executive actions on gun control to match his recent passion on the issue after the latest mass shooting in Oregon.

“It’s a high priority and will continue to be until we start to see more progress on this issue in this town,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters today at the press briefing.

Earnest said he would “quibble” with anyone who criticized the president for not voicing any specific gun control proposals during his press conference, asserting that the White House was working behind the scenes for more executive actions on guns.

Feedback Score
    Universal Background Checks = the end of deniability of owning a particular gun from that point forward (unless you had it before such legislation was enacted).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Aside from imports and imported ammo, what can he really do?
    It has to be constitutional, regardless. You can't miracle up a gun ban nor can you do anything else. The only thing he's been able to do is keep some Garands from coming home as well as 5.45 surp.

He's talking big but if he really could do anything he would have.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Universal Background Checks = the end of deniability of owning a particular gun from that point forward (unless you had it before such legislation was enacted).
    Unless you stole it, or imported it illegally from Mexico, or trafficked it illegally via whatever methods ISIS is currently using...

All solidly Democratic voting bases however.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It has to be constitutional, regardless. You can't miracle up a gun ban nor can you do anything else. The only thing he's been able to do is keep some Garands from coming home as well as 5.45 surp.

He couldn't legally modify Obamacare, either, yet he did several times IIRC.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

And that is what he'll do, reach as far as he can with import bans, it's really his only card to play (and ensure 41p gets implemented).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    He couldn't legally modify Obamacare, either, yet he did several times IIRC.
    From my cursory knowledge on how he did that, it was after it was deemed a tax.

Anything beyond imports, he can not touch without congress.
    No background checks, no features bans, hell he can't even reclassify parts kits.

We may not see Wolf or Tulammo but, that's a stretch. Obamacare still had to pass congress. There's nothing earthshattering he can do without congress.

No UBC, no waiting periods, nothing. He can be an inconvenience, but he can't kill us.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If he does something along the line of ammo import bans, I wonder how long it will take for more of the international ammo community to set up production within the USA. Firearm manufactures do it to get around the import laws, why not more ammo manufactures?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    From my cursory knowledge on how he did that, it was after it was deemed a tax.

Anything beyond imports, he can not touch without congress.
    No background checks, no features bans, hell he can't even reclassify parts kits.

We may not see Wolf or Tulammo but, that's a stretch. Obamacare still had to pass congress. There's nothing earthshattering he can do without congress.

No UBC, no waiting periods, nothing. He can be an inconvenience, but he can't kill us.
    Now that I think about it, Barry said the other day something along the lines of, "it would be irresponsible of me to veto the continuing resolution & shut down the government until congress passes real gun control reform." I wouldn't put it past him to shut down the government next year and blame the republicans unless he gets gun control, in a game of chicken. As linguini spined as rhe R's are, I believe it is a game of chicken Barry will lose, but I don't doubt he is contemplating that veto next year.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast