Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon community college shooting

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    The way that I understand it, the age of students attending UCC are from high school-aged to middle-aged. Before this incident, the campus was not a "gun-free zone", but an administrator immediately came out yesterday and said that it would be in the future.
    I'm sure that would have prevented this whole tragic event.
    Damn, people are stupid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) is a federal United States law that prohibits any unauthorized individual from knowingly possessing a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(25).

I had thought "gun free" zone status was a state thing as different states have different laws on that one. Can anyone clarify on that?
    Didn't some of this get whacked because the gun free zone extended something like 500 yards from school and in cities you'd wouldn't be able to drive past with a gun- which isn't going to work since schools are everywhere. I think it also applies to just public schools, but I may confusing that with the state laws.

As with immigration, I thought only feds could enforce federal law
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'm sure that would have prevented this whole tragic event.
    Damn, people are stupid.
    I think that is the key to winning over people to our side. You might not ever get thru to a mantra-Progressive, but calmly and factually pointing out how literally CRAZY the Blomberg position is on guns will sway people not fully engaged. You guys might not be able to tell, but I can get pretty dismissive with pointed humor. A some humor with some facts to point out the stupidity of the Progressive position on guns can go a long way.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    I can't seem to find the "Like" button. mods, help please.

On a serious note: prayers to the family.

TOS has a member saying a good friend of theirs rushed the PODS but was hit five times. Brietbart has an interview of a CCW vet that was 200 yards away but was too late. (Can't seem to find it now).

I'm afraid these incidents are going to get more frequent. Just going by reports and posts, this PODS was taking in and research other "mass" shooting incidents and tried to get his infamous street cred for the media. His social life, if the posts and reporting is correct, was zilch, same with PODS in California that shot four, stabbed two and ran over more.

The biggest factor, however, that really concerns me the most: they have all pretty much been Millennials. Forget the psych drugs and their BS manifestos, the Millennial part should be the big elephant in the room.
    Must be this guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-shooter.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    Any word on what weapons were used?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    As of five minutes ago, CNN stated a rifle, three hand guns and 'enough ammo for an extended firefight'. I did not hear mention of calibers.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Now CNN is grilling the sherrif for opposing gun control legislation a few years ago, I'm guessing in the wake of Sandyhook. They just had him on screen in a current time interview, ago slamming him for not changing his stance. The sherrif maintains his concern is dealing with this situation, and not discussing policy. CNN is throwing out statistics about Sandyhook and 87000+ Americans killed by gun violence since Sandyhook. Let's ignore that the bulk of those deaths ARE NOT mass shootings.

Feedback Score
    I think these mass shootings are actually having the opposite effect than what the anti-gunners want. In the past year, I've seen more first time gun buyers than I have in my 5 years in gun sales. It's always the same story: "I used to hate guns. But now I see all these mass shooting and I want to defend myself if something happened and I was there." Typically, they end up getting a pistol, and a few weeks later, either a shotgun or an AR.

There are people out there who get it and who have woken up.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't think 'millenial' is the biggest reason. Fact is...we're getting older and younger people are growing up.

Like the Stockton shooting, or the Long Island shooting. Lare 80s, early 90s. Austin Clocktower guy was in the 60s and a school shooter.

The problem is simple.....we have bad eggs in society. We try to ignore it, but we do. Being a Virgin isn't their problem nor is being a loner or whatever. Those, if anything, are symptoms.

Some people just ain't worth a damn and figure that doing something outrageous is this big act of revenge.

But against who? What? It won't change anything.

FIDO was the best acronym I have ever learned
    Last edited by Firefly; 10-02-15 at 10:20.

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast