Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM's new KMR-A is out (on their RECCE Rifles)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

BCM's new KMR-A is out (on their RECCE Rifles)

We just received the first batch of their RECCE's with the new KMR-A. The gain in weight is only 3 ounces, but the cost of the guns dropped by $80 dollars!

RECCE-14 KMR-A

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    forgive my ignorance, but what is different between this and the regular KMR? Besides the weight and cost I mean. What changed that contributed the extra weight?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    forgive my ignorance, but what is different between this and the regular KMR? Besides the weight and cost I mean. What changed that contributed the extra weight?
    The KMR-A's are made out of Alum. and hard anodized. The regular KMR was made out of some uber exotic space metal.

C4

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Composition of the rail, if I recall correctly.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Bravo Company has their upper receivers with the KMR-A up on their web site. Says they'll be available in November.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/category-s/201.htm

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    We just received the first batch of their RECCE's with the new KMR-A. The gain in weight is only 3 ounces, but the cost of the guns dropped by $80 dollars!

RECCE-14 KMR-A

C4
    Only 3 oz??? 3 oz is a ton. They will be in the middle of the lightweight competition price and weight wise. Not the place I'd want to be if I wanted to save KeyMod. ML appeals to the masses because it is idiot proof and plastic accessories are cheaper than metal ones. If BCM wants to compete at that price point they should consider building an MLR rail.
    Last edited by GH41; 10-01-15 at 16:34.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The KMR-A is full aluminum instead of the blended aluminum/magnesium alloy.

edit:

http://bravocompanymfg.com/kmr/

Aluminum-Magnesium Blended Alloy
    Manufactured from an exclusive blended aluminum and magnesium alloy, the BCM KMR weighs 30-40% less than pure aluminum with the same strength properties. The BCM KMR also features a proprietary patent pending mounting, indexing and lock up system that mitigates 12:00 rail movement due to heat generated from the barrel nut.

Corrosion Resistant Finish
    The KMR's propriety finish is a plasma deposition process originally developed for the Aerospace industry. The finish creates a stabilized, ceramic-like surface coating with superior wear resistance when compared to anodized or even hard chrome. The stabilized nature of the coating means it has a higher corrosion resistance as well, due to the lack of 'pores' in the surface.
    Last edited by johnson; 10-01-15 at 16:40.
    People start out wanting to do shooting as a hobby and it ends up their hobby is actually buying and operating expensive tools. Doesn't make sense when you think about it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for clarifying guys! I guess that makes sense that they made that change considering I remember reading that they were having a very difficult time sourcing materials for the KMR rail.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The anodized finish on the KMR-A's will probably be more durable than the previous KMR's.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    Do they still plan on having the original KMR?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast