Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM's new KMR-A is out (on their RECCE Rifles)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

BCM's new KMR-A is out (on their RECCE Rifles)

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Only 3 oz??? 3 oz is a ton. They will be in the middle of the lightweight competition price and weight wise. Not the place I'd want to be if I wanted to save KeyMod. ML appeals to the masses because it is idiot proof and plastic accessories are cheaper than metal ones. If BCM wants to compete at that price point they should consider building an MLR rail.
    I guess 3oz is a lot if your a weight nazi. I am not so it is minimal. You want to know what is a "ton." $80 dollars! That's how much cost difference there.

ML is for sure not idiot proof and I quite honestly find ML harder to install than keymod. There are polymer rail for keymod (FYI).

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 10-02-15 at 08:00.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kgj1119 View Post
    Do they still plan on having the original KMR?
    Yes.

C4

Feedback Score
    i sure hope so. i'd rather have the original. i've got one already, but not enough for the next few builds

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    Bravo Company has their upper receivers with the KMR-A up on their web site. Says they'll be available in November.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/category-s/201.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I guess 3oz is a lot if your a weight nazi. I am not so it is minimal. You want to know what is a "ton." $80 dollars! That how much cost difference there.

ML is for sure not idiot proof and I quite honestly find ML harder to install than keymod. There are polymer rail for keymod (FYI).

C4

Those savings translate to the stand alone uppers too which is nice when considering their discounted BCG...MY BCM 11.5 / 10" KMR has really won me over.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I guess 3oz is a lot if your a weight nazi. I am not so it is minimal. You want to know what is a "ton." $80 dollars! That how much cost difference there.

C4

It's actually closer to an extra 5.82oz.

3oz for the KMR & 2.82oz for the extra $80 in your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You want to know what is a "ton." $80 dollars!

This made me laugh, plus it is true, which is a nice plus.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

BCM's new KMR-A is out (on their RECCE Rifles)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    It's actually closer to an extra 5.82oz.

3oz for the KMR & 2.82oz for the extra $80 in your wallet.

Putting that degree to work?

I have two original KMRs and the price is a huge boner killer, not to mention the finish sucks. That "space age miracle cure ceramic like" crap scratches like a fresh coat of krylon. I'd gladly take the 3oz (or 5.82) and $80 AND a hard anodized finish that doesn't suck.

And seriously, how can anyone argue that keymod isn't super simple? If you can screw up keymod mounts, maybe you ought not play with firearms?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Only 3 oz??? 3 oz is a ton. They will be in the middle of the lightweight competition price and weight wise. Not the place I'd want to be if I wanted to save KeyMod. ML appeals to the masses because it is idiot proof and plastic accessories are cheaper than metal ones. If BCM wants to compete at that price point they should consider building an MLR rail.

- BCM will keep their magnesium alloy KMR's, and production should pick back up before the end of the year.
    - Stupid people like a lot of things, it means nothing as long as people are still buying KeyMod, which they are. People still buy Bushmaster, but BCM isn't hurting....
    - It's like you didn't even try to price anything.

Magpul M-LOK MVG; $22.95 MSRP
    BCM KeyMod Mod 3 VFG; $21.00 MSRP

Magpul M-LOK AFG; $26.95 MSRP
    BCM KeyMod KAG; $21.00 MSRP

Magpul M-LOK QD Sling Mount; $19.95 MSRP
    BCM KeyMod QD Sling Mount; $17.95 MSRP

19" of Magpul M-LOK Rail Covers; $15.95 MSRP
    27.5" of BCM KeyMod Rail Covers; $9.95 MSRP

Pricing is a toss-up. BCM nylon rail section are $3 more than Magpul M-LOK polymer rail sections. Their aluminum sections are equal to, or a couple bucks more, than Magpul. Magpul's light mounts are $35 for polymer, $53 for aluminum. All of BCM's aluminum mounts are $45 MSRP, $40 retail.
    Last edited by Uprange41; 10-01-15 at 22:57.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Don't look past the fact that the KM QD Sling mount is included in the lower price.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    I'd have bought one instead of the SMR if anyone had them in stock, so this is probably a smart move on BCM's part.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast