Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: best 8 shot 357 Mag

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I've been drooling over that pistol, but it seems pricey. Your gripes make me think it's not worth dropping that much on a revolver.

I just HATE that dang trigger lock thingy on the Smiths.
    I hate the locks on new Smiths as well but they are not in the way and none of my Smiths have failed to shoot (and I shoot them a lot) when I wanted them to so I live with it. I love my daily carry 327PC enough to overlook the lock. I had a really nice holster made for my Ruger Alaskan and the new Redhawk just happens to fit it nicely but I can't get over the crappy trigger and extra weight. My local shop I believe was selling it for $895 which is a lot cheaper then any of my S&W's but for the work that I would have to do on it I don't believe it is worth the money. Now if I could find one new for $600 then I could be tempted.
    Last edited by MadDog; 01-13-17 at 09:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you dont like the locks I believe Ive seen a thread on another forum about how to disable/remove it.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    If you dont like the locks I believe Ive seen a thread on another forum about how to disable/remove it.
    I removed the lock on one of my Smith's and didm't like the voids it left. I reinstalled the lock. Since I have never had one activate unintentionally I never saw the need to "disable" them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge37 View Post
    I am new to revolvers, but thinking it would be fun option for the range. I know there is a Taurus 608 and Smith and Wesson 627s & 327s. Would most likely be shooting 38s or mild 357s though it. Will have some hot stuff around for home defense. Just want to hear people opinion everybody is talking about S&W and ruger, but know one says anything about Taurus. May be that is a sign in and of itself. Thank you all for your time.

Josh
    I have the 627 Performance Center 5". It's a great gun. Awesome trigger.

Someone had a Taurus at a local range, and I was shocked at how inexpensive it was. Its trigger was acceptable but for what he paid, it's nothing a little polishing of internals cannot fix.

I have had two Taurus revolvers, and I haven't had any major issues with either. I have a 605 Taurus custom shop version with a ported barrel, smoothed internals and a mirror polish. I also have a Taurus tracker 922 22 LR/22 WMR (quick change cylinder).

I reload for 357 Magnum since that is what I use and carry. I prefer 125 grain over 158 grain 357 Magnum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have a 627, 5 inch and it shoots very well....accurate with a smooth SA/DA.
    A 4 inch would be nicer for carry, but you need an 'N' frame to get a 8 shot cylinder and with that comes weight and bulk.

The SW's are nice revolvers and will serve you well .... pay once - cry once.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234