Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do Ar pistols cost so much?

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBEACH View Post
    Only IF you buy them from a manufacturer...if you roll your own they are no more expensive than a rifle build, most of the time less...
    Yep. Roll your own and if your patient enough to pick parts up on sale, they can be very cheap, especially since almost everyone has a parts bin. I have less than $400 into mine.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    Yep. Roll your own and if your patient enough to pick parts up on sale, they can be very cheap, especially since almost everyone has a parts bin. I have less than $400 into mine.
    I have two very nice ones in 556 and a twin in 300BLK and building another 556 as I type...not counting optics I will have less than $1500 in all THREE when I'm done...used parts are the key and patience...this is the first 556 I built...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    you can buy a complete pistol lower (google "bcm pistol lower" and a great seller should come up!) and a separate complete upper and come out with a perfectly reasonable price, IME

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Why do Ar pistols cost so much? I mean they dont use as much material as a rifle. But they cost more a lot of times even than their rifle versions.
    Supply and demand. If you'll pay it, the name brands will sell it to you. But, whenever I build a 556 or 300 pistol, the parts cost about the same as a rifle. The only difference between the two is barrel length and buffer tube / stock options. Radical Firearms or PSA has uppers and lowers that are very cost effective. KAK has pistol parts that are inexpensive today on cyber Monday and aimsurplus had sights and BCG's that were damn cheap too! I own parts from these suppliers and they work fine for me.
    Oh yeah...well my dad is tougher than your dad! So there! - Joe Schmuckatelli

Feedback Score
    My friend's father put an Anderson Pistol together for me for $600. He added a quad rail for another $30. I added a Magpul pistol grip, a Tops Battle Blade Tanto and a Primary Arms Red Dot.

It shoots extremely well for me. Very reliable. Considering it's going to be a truck gun, I did not want to go high end on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    That is a neat package

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Why do Ar pistols cost so much?
    Being GAY aint cheap I guess.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Being GAY aint cheap I guess.
    LOL, thanks for the laugh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12