Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you wear your drop leg holster?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkeg View Post
    Although I'm interested in how the UBL works for people as well.
    I tried the UBL out with ITS Tactical's "mod" as seen here with an extra leg strap and it adds some stability to the package.

http://www.itstactical.com/gear/secu...-for-mid-ride/
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkeg View Post
    This is what I've been using: http://www.safariland.com/quick-atta...5.html#start=1

Much more stable than a lot of other setups. The DFA really helps stop the rig from moving. Although I'm interested in how the UBL works for people as well.
    That's what I use as well. It sure was a pistol to put together.
    Bill, a slave of Christ

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    I tried the UBL out with ITS Tactical's "mod" as seen here with an extra leg strap and it adds some stability to the package.

http://www.itstactical.com/gear/secu...-for-mid-ride/
    I thought of doing this, but just switched to using a thigh rig. Maybe I should go back and try out my original idea, seeing as others have used it with success!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    I use a Safariland UBL low-ride attached to my warbelt and it keeps the holster in the upper-thigh area, similar to where if you were to cinch up a drop-leg properly. Stays rocks solid and I love it. You can even weave a strap around it to add some extra security and keep it in place.
    Yessir. Same setup with a single strap ran between the holster itself and the UBL surface just the keep the muzzle secured against my leg. The grip is right about my waistline and it rides great

Feedback Score
    What you guys think about the gcode one? is the UBL still better? I ask because I like the convenience of removing the holster with the RTI option.
    Everybody wanna be like mike!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelowrey View Post
    What you guys think about the gcode one? is the UBL still better? I ask because I like the convenience of removing the holster with the RTI option.
    I don't have a G-Code, but for Safariland stuff (Like the UBL) It's the QLS system. Same removable type system as the RTI, just done differently.
    "Guns are like neurosurgeons. When you need one, you need one badly."

Feedback Score
    I never could get in love with a battle belt. Tried many configurations. Even when we got the good crye blast one.
    fWIW I stuck with old plate hangers instead of our new carriers. The jump able crye ones did not hold up to long use, the regular ones were fine but I was just used to the old stuff.

Rigger shop put quick release buckles on them for over water, and small as possible side plate carriers on them for us. Worked fine and worlds better than a RAV or something along those lines.

A fairly high drop leg with one leg strap, or a low belt mounted seemed to work best. Either keeping the pistol below your armor but not too low.

I kept my knife, pistol mags, and pistol on my rigger belt.

If I had to dump plates I still had them.
    The holster that I used for a long time, was a gasp, Sherpa that mounted low like a cop's duty belt holster. The sl was a better holster, but took up more room but seemed to need a leg strap I did not want to use to fit best.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Willieboy View Post
    For those who wear a war belt, so you attach your holster to that belt or to you pants belt. I kind of like the idea of attachment to the pants belt with the war belt over it. That way, I keep my pistol, even if I lose the war belt.

Thoughts?
    I used to run a Tactical Tailor Fight Light Battle belt. it had small notches cut out on the six o'clock position to allow a drop leg to be run on the battle belt's supporting belt instead of the pants belt. I used a Safariland 6004 in the configuration for quite some time

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Besides that drop legs catch on everything...

They move based on where your leg happens to be at the time.

You can't quickly take off or put on your belt if it's attached to a drop leg.

They tend to ride up your pants then become loose.

They make your strong side pocket(s) useless.

If you practice with concealed carry / uspsa / idpa using a drop leg changes pistol placement.
    to be fair the strong side pocket is sort of made useless with a drop belt loop holster also. it's hard to reach around your gun and if you're conceding to reach around your gun then you can unbuckle the leg strap and reach around your gun with a drop leg.

with the right set up you can easily take off a safariland drop leg quickly and this will give you full access to your belt. this is contrasted with how you have to weave your belt through a belt loop holsters. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...49#post2051949 this is an example of what i run. all safariland parts. two snaps and it's on, two snaps and it's off.

i would say in general holsters and guns catch on everything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123