Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just completed my SBR build - 300 blk

Feedback Score

Just completed my SBR build - 300 blk

Here is a build that I just completed today. This will be a range and HD gun:

Details:
    Hogan OD Green anodized lower w/ambi bolt release
    BCM Blem upper
    BCM KMR 7"
    Ballistic Advantage 8.3" 300blk Hanson profile barrel
    Precision Armament EFAB muzzle brake, attached with accuwasher system which worked great.
    BCM Intermediate buffer tube (A5) w/ Sprinco green spring and A5H1 buffer may go heavier depending on how it shoots. Also BCM QD end plate
    Magpul STR stock and K2+ grip
    BAD ambi safety
    Seekins bolt catch
    Wilson Combat NP3 BCG - not wildly impressed. Has some tool marks. Not a big deal but probably could have found a cheaper option for the same quality (like Sionics or Robar).
    BCM Gunfighter Charging handle Mod 4
    Troy fixed sights - not in the pic

Future plans:
    Geissele SDC trigger or may just go with ALG ACT depending on funds
    Aimpoint Micro
    BCM KAG

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nice!! How do you like the .300? I've only shot it once, but would love to do another upper build. .300 seems like a good candidate. I was thinking of going with an 11" barrel, any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Looks Good!! I like the contrast of black/green. Great Job!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino8541 View Post
    Nice!! How do you like the .300? I've only shot it once, but would love to do another upper build. .300 seems like a good candidate. I was thinking of going with an 11" barrel, any thoughts?
    I will let you know when I get it up and running properly...lol. Having failure to extract (spent casing left in chamber) on every round. Spent brass has some unusual markings at the base of the neck near the top of the shoulder. I am working with the barrel maker to figure out the issue. So far though in single shot mode I like it a lot.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Ahh, that's terrible. I went with a Noveske barrel on my .223 build. It was pricey, but I've never had one issue with it. Good luck figuring your issue out. Keep us updated.

Feedback Score
    Thanks will keep you posted. I already spoke with Clint from BA and he gave me some things to try before we take the next step. It may be a weak extractor. There are no marks on the rims of the cases and there are no brass shavings or pieces on the bolt face. I am going to try another bolt.

Pic of the brass. 3 on the Left is the Remington and 3 on the Right is Fiocchi. The Fiocchi were a little hot. They had flattened primers while the Remington stuff did not have any pressure signs. You can see a ring around the brass on the neck just above the shoulder. That is what concerned me.

Pics of fired brass

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDGator View Post
    Thanks will keep you posted. I already spoke with Clint from BA and he gave me some things to try before we take the next step. It may be a weak extractor. There are no marks on the rims of the cases and there are no brass shavings or pieces on the bolt face. I am going to try another bolt.

Pic of the brass. 3 on the Left is the Remington and 3 on the Right is Fiocchi. The Fiocchi were a little hot. They had flattened primers while the Remington stuff did not have any pressure signs. You can see a ring around the brass on the neck just above the shoulder. That is what concerned me.

Pics of fired brass
    Yea, the rings are pretty clear.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I can't wait to have a .300 sbr.. Whenever bcm finally starts selling their blackout uppers. Hopefully early next year.
    when life closes doors on you, blow them off the hinges.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDGator View Post
    Future plans:
    Geissele SDC trigger or may just go with ALG ACT depending on funds
    Aimpoint Micro
    BCM KAG
    You forgot to add "Suppressor" to the list.

For the trigger choices I would go ACT and use the 200 that I saved on a tax stamp. I already had an SD-E in my V5 and really liked that trigger so I figured it would be great in my DD MK18 and sure enough, I liked it in there as well. When I built my 11.5 SBR I decided to get the ALG ACT since I went over budget on my rail. The ACT is fantastic and I have no thoughts of switching it to an SD-E, or any two stage trigger in the future. I usually shoot my SBR's at close distances and the ACT fits the bill nicely. When I start building an 18 or 20 inch rifle I plan on taking the trigger from my MK18 and getting an ACT to put in its place.

The rifle looks good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast