Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion/pictures of Nightforce 1-4 reticles? (IHR vs. FC-3G)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Opinion/pictures of Nightforce 1-4 reticles? (IHR vs. FC-3G)

I have only handled the FC-3G, and I liked it, but the illumination is rather weak. With an X300U the illumination washes out 100% on a white wall/door, but you DO have a very bolt reticle still. Aimed at darker things, it gives off a dull red glow over the illumination.

Anyway, which reticle is faster for combat-effective/IPSC target style hits 0-50 yards both illuminated/no illumination/dark/light, etc?

The IHR, or the FC-3G? I would also appreciate any reticle pix of the optics in question actually in use. I've looked and looked and looked and finally settled on the Nightforce 1-4. Now it's reticle-picking time.

*I don't care one bit about BDC capability. Forget that it exists.*

http://nightforceoptics.com/pdf/NFO_IHRsheet_2013.pdf
    http://nightforceoptics.com/sites/de...heet_Final.pdf

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Recently looked at these exact two reticles. Decided the IHR would be the best choice for me. Knowing holds makes the IHR a faster choice--for me.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Recently looked at these exact two reticles. Decided the IHR would be the best choice for me. Knowing holds makes the IHR a faster choice--for me.
    Which would you pick for a shoothouse?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    IHR all day long for a CQB scenario.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I have the FC2, had the FC3G, like both.
    How is the IHR, without illumination . I had the 1-4 mil dot and it sucked without illumination. The cross hair was too fine to be used quickly during "run and gun".
    Last edited by cop1211; 10-06-15 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not what you are asking about, but I have a NF1-4 with the FC2.

Its very fast with a big dot, and a circle around it. The dot is big enough its not great for precision. I would think it would be the best for a shoot house.

I used it in Vtac Carbine 1.5 and street fighter. It worked out great for me, from contact distance sitting in cars, to shooting prone at 100yards.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    IHR all day long for a CQB scenario.
    Why?? I've used both and the FC3g is way easier to use up close. It's a 1.5moa dot surrounded by a thick segmented circle vs a .6moa crosshair.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Just an update. I purchased the FC-2 reticle instead. Put one on lay-a-way today as I didn't want it to scoot off in the next two weeks, as they only made that model for 1 year (2013) with the FC-2 AND the PTL lever. My reasoning was that the greater illuminated area, larger reticle (2 MOA dot vs. 1.5 MOA dot) and continuous "circle of death" has GOT to be easier to pick up than either the FC-3G or the IHR. As others have already mentioned, it has 5 MOA holds built in.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I've had the FC2 and FC3G, just had to sell the 3G, the FC2 was for sure easier for me, but the 3G is still fast.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    I've had the FC2 and FC3G, just had to sell the 3G, the FC2 was for sure easier for me, but the 3G is still fast.
    I looked through the 3G, and I think I will appreciate the FC2. I liked the 3G, but the FC-2 seems better just looking at them.

Were any changes made to the 1-4 NXS since 2013? I know the PTL was new for that year, but does my FC-2 have all the latest and greatest, being a 2013 model, or did different coatings or something come out for '14 or '15 that anyone knows of, just out of curiosity?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast