Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to wisely spend $1000 on guns and mags while getting the best value...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

How to wisely spend $1000 on guns and mags while getting the best value...

I recently received a $1000 bonus. My wife says I can keep and spend it.

I want to spend it all on guns or mags before the upcoming presidential election, while they are still available.

I already have a few AK's, a couple AR's and a couple AUG's (with plenty of mags) or clones and a few handguns. I can't think of any "evil" rifles other than AR's that can be had for $1,000 or less.

Therefore I'm thinking of spedning it mostly on mags.

I would like to pick up a handful of Magpul D-60 60rd drums. Perhaps a handful of Surefire 60rd mags. And, a few Glock 33rd stick mags, or some of the korean 50rd drums for a 9mm AR.

I am active duty military and therefore should qualify for any applicable programs.

If you have suggestions one where to obtain the best prices on those items, please do tell.

If you have other suggestions or ideas, please do share.

Thank you for your kind assitance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    sorry if I missed it but are you buying mags to keep or to re-sell some of them when the race gets into full swing and that POS starts running her snatch trap full time about gun control(because that's when I think the panic will really start)?

Because I think regular 30 round mags are the best bang for your buck. Drums are cool but they can be annoying to carry around if need be. Just my .02

Feedback Score
    If buying in anticipation of a shortage, my first thought was actually ammo. I like www.sgammo.com

Depending on where you are currently living, I would look at buying two Glock 17/19's through the Blue Label program ($398.20 + 8.25% tax each here in TX). www.gtdist.com

Rest would go towards AR mags, probably PMAGS in 30 and 40 round sizes. Watch for sales at www.primaryarms.com

Take Care,

Buzz

Feedback Score
    Also, I'd avoid the Korean mags. I know some folks do swear by them, but at current prices for quality Magpul products, why bother?

Take Care,

Buzz

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've budgeted a monthly allowance for all things firearm related. For now, all of it is going to ammo and mag purchases. When I find a reasonable price on bulk ammo locally, I grab it. Most of the time, however, I look for 30 round mags on sale, with the intention of reselling these when SHTF after the aforementioned POS starts her antigun crusade. I've been told that PMAGs were going for $90 each during the last panic. Mrs Cognarr stopped questioning my purchases when I told her that.
    ETA: I've also included common model hand gun mags in my criteria for resale. For example, Glock 17&19.
    Last edited by Co-gnARR; 10-07-15 at 16:20.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I would say anything Magpul or Colt marked. AR 30 rounders (magpul and GI Colts), Glock mags (magpul and Glock), AK mags, cheap blew lowers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post
    I've budgeted a monthly allowance for all things firearm related. For now, all of it is going to ammo and mag purchases. When I find a reasonable price on bulk ammo locally, I grab it. Most of the time, however, I look for 30 round mags on sale, with the intention of reselling these when SHTF after the aforementioned POS starts her antigun crusade. I've been told that PMAGs were going for $90 each during the last panic. Mrs Cognarr stopped questioning my purchases when I told her that.
    ETA: I've also included common model hand gun mags in my criteria for resale. For example, Glock 17&19.
    $40-50 is more accurate. Now, if a ban is in effect, expect $100+.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post
    I've budgeted a monthly allowance for all things firearm related. For now, all of it is going to ammo and mag purchajses. When I find a reasonable price on bulk ammo locally, I grab it. Most of the time, however, I look for 30 round mags on sale, with the intention of reselling these when SHTF after the aforementioned POS starts her antigun crusade. I've been told that PMAGs were going for $90 each during the last panic. Mrs Cognarr stopped questioning my purchases when I told her that.
    Mine said the same thing during FaceTime tonight. She has seen the Hillar-ious ads and has given full support as long as the bills get paid and the babies can eat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I saw anywhere from $30 to $50 but yeah.

If they start going for $100? Pffffft. Forget about it. PVS-14's here I come. For sure. I specifically bought a bunch in case this happens to get me going in the right direction cash wise for some night vision.
    Last edited by Thesandstonefiles; 10-07-15 at 16:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would only resell guns and mags if I'm not shooting/using them anymore. Having said that, I have stocked up on 30 round AR mags so far (HK, GI-mags, Magpul, Hex, Lancer, Troy). I probably got around 50 mags in total and will continue to buy more but not for resell if a ban goes into effect. I have spread around my mag stash so a house fire doesn't deplete my stash in one swoop.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast