Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Acog mounted farther out question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boombotz401 View Post
    Has anyone tried the gg&g accuccam mount? I would hate to replace my larue mount but I have thought about flipping the cover when I know I'm doing extended close range shooting.... Having just the front quick cover would super impose the Chevron eliminate any possibility of washout and literally be rds fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you just wanting the covers, and the mount is a by-product required to have them? Or do you also want the mount itself? I'm not sure I understand what you goal is with this.

No I've not used this setup.

If you just want flip covers, the RCO kill flash is made specifically for this optic and has flips that wouldn't require a different mount.

Sent from my iPhone

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Has anyone tried the gg&g accuccam mount? I would hate to replace my larue mount but I have thought about flipping the cover when I know I'm doing extended close range shooting.... Having just the front quick cover would super impose the Chevron eliminate any possibility of washout and literally be rds fast.

I have my TA31 mounted on the GG&G. No issues so far- has held zero so far between range sessions and during QR removal/reinstallation. I probably have 500 rounds on that particular setup.

I don't use scope covers on my ACOG, just the supplied neoprene sock when I put it away.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I've used an ACOG enough to think that I liked 'em.

I've used a 1-4 enough to know that I'll never willingly use another ACOG.

I just never can get comfortable behind an ACOG like I can with more eye relief.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I use GDI mounts to properly mount it for proper eye relief.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thmpr View Post
    I use GDI mounts to properly mount it for proper eye relief.
    Am I missing something about gdi mounts that a laure won't do?

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)

LaRue makes a mount just for getting the ACOG further back. They work well, I heard the USMC bought a few... LaRue gives away stuff on the TOS and everyone here gets their panties in a wad when you mention 'em.

Feedback Score
    Nothing bad to say about larue here the Acog is mounted on an lt622 and works perfectly along with a 9" larue free float I just slapped on.

Was just curious when he mentioned gdi.

Was fooling around with a chevron ta33 and was amazed how much faster I was so I Ordered a ta33 green horseshoe

I'm thinking the lower power along with the eo tech like reticle will be an excellent all around.

As I said before I'm not giving up much speed at all with the 31 with practice and it will stay on that rifle but in comps seconds count!

Feedback Score
    When we were first messing with RCOs (ACOGs) at combat training they taught us about the Bindon Aiming Concept (BAC). There's a pretty good write up here: http://www.thenewrifleman.com/trijic...bac-practical/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No. GDI makes an extremely strong mount, and priced to match; they're solid as hell, but there's no magic in them.

The Corps bought into the KRAM or something very like it for the reasons IG mentioned, above. Getting eye relief with all body types plus armor on an M4 was most often a simple question of stock position; add the inclusion of a rear BUIS across the board to that and all the M16A4s (near impossible for the various homunculi to get proper eye relief), a material solution that provided a greater range of adjustability was needed.

Pushing an ACOG variant forward, deliberately...? One's positive results are one's positive results, but it'd be a mistake to identify that as a feature or any kind of trend in how the device is designed to be used.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    No. GDI makes an extremely strong mount, and priced to match; they're solid as hell, but there's no magic in them.

The Corps bought into the KRAM or something very like it for the reasons IG mentioned, above. Getting eye relief with all body types plus armor on an M4 was most often a simple question of stock position; add the inclusion of a rear BUIS across the board to that and all the M16A4s (near impossible for the various homunculi to get proper eye relief), a material solution that provided a greater range of adjustability was needed.

Pushing an ACOG variant forward, deliberately...? One's positive results are one's positive results, but it'd be a mistake to identify that as a feature or any kind of trend in how the device is designed to be used.
    An informed man right here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast