Thread: Aimpoint battery life

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)

Aimpoint battery life

Does anyone know the battery life of the Aimpoint PRO and H-1/T-1 on settings besides the ones that Aimpoint specifies in the manual? The PRO and Micro manuals give battery life at setting 7 and 8 respectfully. I have noticed that a PRO on setting 7 is not the same brightness as a micro on setting 8, which I prefer. I have kept the PRO at setting 8 for about a month now, but I am wondering what kind of impact this will have on battery life.

I tried contacting Aimpoint but received no response.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    If it is important enough for you to leave on it's probably important enough put a fresh $4 battery in twice a year.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by black22rifle View Post
    Does anyone know the battery life of the Aimpoint PRO and H-1/T-1 on settings besides the ones that Aimpoint specifies in the manual? The PRO and Micro manuals give battery life at setting 7 and 8 respectfully. I have noticed that a PRO on setting 7 is not the same brightness as a micro on setting 8, which I prefer. I have kept the PRO at setting 8 for about a month now, but I am wondering what kind of impact this will have on battery life.

I tried contacting Aimpoint but received no response.
    Pick up a dozen or so batteries and post your findings, I'm sure someone will find interest.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    If it is important enough for you to leave on it's probably important enough put a fresh $4 battery in twice a year.
    I'd recommend this approach to the issue. Change it when the time changes.

Feedback Score
    I've had my T-1 Micro on for about a year now. Setting is on 4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I recommend that people change out the batteries once a year. While the batteries will normally last much longer it's cheep insurance.

Full disclosure: I work for Aimpoint as a Prostaff member

Feedback Score
    While I know it's not "recommended practice", I've got an M4s that I leave on 10 all the time. I think 12 out of the 16 settings is what Aimpoint tests theirs at for the claimed 8 year battery life. It has been on the same LiIon battery since 2012 and as a matter of fact, just a couple of days ago I took it out and tested it on a voltmeter out of curiosity and it showed zero signs of battery drainage.

Like everyone else has said, batteries are cheap and if it's something you stake your life on, on a daily basis, then why take the risk. For the record I keep spare batteries on hand at all times, I just figured I'd do what you are asking about to actually see how long it would go before I started to see it starts to show signs of draining. I don't think you need to change them every 6 months, that seems a little over the top. One of the main reasons people buy Aimpoints is because of their "always on, always ready" mantra, so take it all with a grain of salt but I think you'll be ok, especially if they've only been on for a month.

The one caveat to this is that if something like Ferguson or, god forbid, another Katrina happened around here (i.e. in the greater NOLA/Baton Rouge areas) I'd damn sure be popping a new battery in that thing. But as it stands, why not see how long it can go?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have one Aimpoint Pro that went out after 14 months set on a pretty low setting. My other one went 16 months. Both now get batteries every year (obviously). Essentially, I get half the life that Aimpoint said I would. One day I will spring for a T-1

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    After I bought an H1, I left it on a setting between 5 & 8 so the dot was always visible for two years using the battery supplied by the factory. The dot never got dim. The H1 has an amazing battery life
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American