Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Folding Stock for 870?

Feedback Score
    Generally folders are less comfortable or less handy to shoot with. Over & under folders interfere with side saddles - you'd need a side folder. A youth stock works well with armor. I prefer a standard polymer stock with the rubber recoil pad replaced with slim, hard plastic so it glides smoothly over clothing - doesn't grab or bunch-up. I do use one folder when it's necessary to be discrete.

Feedback Score
    I had a Choate side folder on a 870 and on a Ithaca 37 that I really liked. It locked up solid and provided a similar feel to a fixed pistol gripped stock when it was extended. I never had a problem with it interfering with the fore end as many have stated when side folders are brought up. I had a Surefire on one and a Choate syn fore end on the other. The only reason I got rid of them was I traded the shotguns for another (Benelli & Saiga).

I got it for compact storage in a car and while on a motorcycle. With the stock folded, I could fit it in a backpack when I used my motorcycle. I can also strap it to the rear of the bike in a soft case. Having been in 2 hurricanes and in Phoenix once when it ran out of gas for 3 days, I have the need for a long gun. Especially on a high milage vehicle like my motorcycle. The guy I bought the 37 off of used it as a fishing 'pistol' when he took summer trips to Alaska.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got the Knoxx Copstock.

It works, but is awkward when folded, and isn't comfortable to shoot unfolded. It's one redeeming quality is that it allows my 870 w/ 18.5" barrel to fit in the Tennis Bag O' Death.

I'd stick with the Knoxx Specops collapsing M4 style stock. You still get your recoil reduction, but in a handier package. Or I'd go with the Enidine buffer system and a collapsible stock, like from Mesa Tactical.

Then, there is also this

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger29 View Post
    .....Then, there is also this.
    Muchos BAA-DAAASS ! ! !

Thanks for all the replies folks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12