Thread: Israeli 10-22 suppressed rifle

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    http://www.ruger1022.com/docs/israeli_sniper.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I was part of the group that in the early 1980's developed a new SOP for mass riots that we said would be coming to a Palestinian town or village near you in the next 6 years. We were off by 6 months in our time frame.

Without getting into classified matters, the suppressed 10-22's were just a small part of what was going to be a new radical approach. Then the war in Lebanon happened and before it was over Sharon who endorsed our ideas was out and Moshe Arens was in and we were out.

I still believe with everything I have, if we would have been allowed to implement our plane the first intifada never would have lasted more than a few days. We would not have been forced to bring in the sexual deviant Arafat and things today would be calm.
    Hello, I would appreciate hearing more of your perspective in all respects to your OPSEC.

I am always interested in hearing various perspectives to situations. This is something that I was always interested in, but I am skeptical to Western left leaning perspectives that seem to dominate the reporting on the Israeli-Palestinian issue.

אני מאחל לך כל טוב - Ani Me'akhel Lekha Kol Tuv (excuse my Google translate if wrong).

Feedback Score
    In either 1981 or maybe 1980 I don't remember which year in Ramallah we had really wide spread riots, rock throwing and molotov cocktails.

In order to study these riots and their dynamics we infiltrated into the riots and observed how they functioned.

It was quickly determined that the leaders, the lieutenants, and captains, guiding the action were situated mid pack or farther back.

The question then became how to take them out of action and how to make their arrest easier at a later time.

We combined this need with some cultural aspects of the Arab culture, they love a dead hero and despise a cripple.

So we then determined that knee capping these lads would take them out of immediate action, mark them for future arrest and remove them from leadership long term.

We then sought a weapon that would allow us to do so with the least amount of chance of bullet pass through, it was for sure for a variety of reasons out centerfire rifles would meet the standard.

So we thought of .22lr and .22 magnum.

We took the 22lr out for testing by shooting knee joints from butchered cattle. The test went no further we found what we needed. When suppressed and fired from concealment, it would be the fear of the unknown which would stir panic in the mob. People would figure they had better things to do that get shot from only G-D knew where.

But this was all part of a large remake of how to handle such wide spread violence, which unfortunately was not adopted by the next Defense Minister after Sharon.

It really is a shame because history from my point of view has vindicated our approach. If we would have built this special unit, then the intifada when it came and it was for sure coming due to outside influence. We could have put this behind us and built a better future for all of us Jew and Arab alike.

What people on the outside don't understand is how intertwined we really are.

The so called west bank is the heartland of Israel Judea and Samaria, which most Israeli's are never going to give up. Especially now after 35 years of a failed so call peace process. If we would have been allowed to build this unit, I can easily see today we could be in a place for Jews and Arabs had prosperity, security and peace living together.

But alas, that ship has sailed and with the radicalization of Islam, things are only going to get worse.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    In either 1981 or maybe 1980 I don't remember which year in Ramallah we had really wide spread riots, rock throwing and molotov cocktails.

In order to study these riots and their dynamics we infiltrated into the riots and observed how they functioned.

It was quickly determined that the leaders, the lieutenants, and captains, guiding the action were situated mid pack or farther back.

The question then became how to take them out of action and how to make their arrest easier at a later time.

We combined this need with some cultural aspects of the Arab culture, they love a dead hero and despise a cripple.

So we then determined that knee capping these lads would take them out of immediate action, mark them for future arrest and remove them from leadership long term.

We then sought a weapon that would allow us to do so with the least amount of chance of bullet pass through, it was for sure for a variety of reasons out centerfire rifles would meet the standard.

So we thought of .22lr and .22 magnum.

We took the 22lr out for testing by shooting knee joints from butchered cattle. The test went no further we found what we needed. When suppressed and fired from concealment, it would be the fear of the unknown which would stir panic in the mob. People would figure they had better things to do that get shot from only G-D knew where.

But this was all part of a large remake of how to handle such wide spread violence, which unfortunately was not adopted by the next Defense Minister after Sharon.

It really is a shame because history from my point of view has vindicated our approach. If we would have built this special unit, then the intifada when it came and it was for sure coming due to outside influence. We could have put this behind us and built a better future for all of us Jew and Arab alike.

What people on the outside don't understand is how intertwined we really are.

The so called west bank is the heartland of Israel Judea and Samaria, which most Israeli's are never going to give up. Especially now after 35 years of a failed so call peace process. If we would have been allowed to build this unit, I can easily see today we could be in a place for Jews and Arabs had prosperity, security and peace living together.

But alas, that ship has sailed and with the radicalization of Islam, things are only going to get worse.
    Thank you Yoni for your time and shared knowledge. Very interesting insight.

Feedback Score
    Yoni, thank you for sharing that..firsthand perspective is always appreciated..your post was an amazing read.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    This was indeed a short but great read.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    whoops....somehow I missed where another member posted the link that I posted here.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 10-17-15 at 01:58.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    WOW, some great product here and insight on the development process. THANKS !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12