Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Israeli 10-22 suppressed rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Israeli 10-22 suppressed rifle

Just read an article about the suppressed 10-22 rifle that IDF uses to discourage demonstrations/riots.
    Anybody know of any gunsmiths who build / convert standard 10-22 rifles into these ?
    They look like a regular 10-22 with a 1 and a 1/2" bull barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While I haven't looked at them in a long time I believe the rifles you are referring to were integrally suppressed. Hence the horse cock looking barrel.
    They were also supposed to be used as "non" lethal riot control. From what I recall it didn't quite work out so well, but I think they were well thought of.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    May I ask what article you read?

Stalking Rhino or another custom suppressor manufacturer should be able to help with an Israeli Clone.

Iirc the were originally fielded in the 80s during the first intifada. Suppressor tech has come a long way and unless you are interested in a "clone" there is no reason not to go with a smaller diameter integral 10/22.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    Just read an article about the suppressed 10-22 rifle that IDF uses to discourage demonstrations/riots.
    Anybody know of any gunsmiths who build / convert standard 10-22 rifles into these ?
    They look like a regular 10-22 with a 1 and a 1/2" bull barrel.
    http://www.silencershop.com/silencer...ppressor.html?

If you are just looking for a barrel swap on you existing 10/22, the above will work for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have two integral 10/22's from Thompson machine. One standard and a one takedown. First guns to get picked up when plinking with friends...

http://www.thompsonmachine.net/?page_id=14

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    AWC has a 10/22 build, and a separate suppressed barrel. Never seen this in person, but I have been thinking of grabbing one.

https://dsgarms.com/rifle-platfroms-1022

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I was part of the group that in the early 1980's developed a new SOP for mass riots that we said would be coming to a Palestinian town or village near you in the next 6 years. We were off by 6 months in our time frame.

Without getting into classified matters, the suppressed 10-22's were just a small part of what was going to be a new radical approach. Then the war in Lebanon happened and before it was over Sharon who endorsed our ideas was out and Moshe Arens was in and we were out.

I still believe with everything I have, if we would have been allowed to implement our plane the first intifada never would have lasted more than a few days. We would not have been forced to bring in the sexual deviant Arafat and things today would be calm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks guys the Silencer Shop item will do nicely and a dealer not too far from me
    has them in stock.

The article was in a Foreign Military magazine highlighting weapons of IDF, I ran across
    accidentally while searching info on Tavor.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    While I haven't looked at them in a long time I believe the rifles you are referring to were integrally suppressed. Hence the horse cock looking barrel.
    They were also supposed to be used as "non" lethal riot control. From what I recall it didn't quite work out so well, but I think they were well thought of.
    Just re-approved last month in some areas for 'Less Lethal' use against rock throwers
    http://www.jpost.com/landedpages/pri...aspx?id=416508
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast