Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OLYARMS 9mm Carbine / Glock Mag model

Feedback Score

OLYARMS 9mm Carbine / Glock Mag model

Does anyone have any 1st hand / personal experience with the OLYARMS 9mm crbine that uses Glock Mags?
    Likes, Dislikes, Issues, Problems, No problems, accuracy, durability, ETC. I have received a lot of opinions but no one has had direct experience .
    Can anyone help?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul45 View Post
    Does anyone have any 1st hand / personal experience with the OLYARMS 9mm crbine that uses Glock Mags?
    Likes, Dislikes, Issues, Problems, No problems, accuracy, durability, ETC. I have received a lot of opinions but no one has had direct experience .
    Can anyone help?
    i will let you know I have one on the way.

Feedback Score
    Here is my experience so far.
    I shoot left handed - there is some blowback on my face on ejection - unburnt powder.
    over 500 rounds - good trigger - like the mags - glock 32 rounders and 17 rounders
    accuracy is good out to 50 yards - Red Dot sight - have not shot past 50 yd yet
    It gets dirty at around 150 rounds and starts to fail to eject. I clean the bolt carrier and upper area - then it works find for another 150 rounds. A lot of unburnt powder in the action - blowback design!
    I will try other ammo (WW white box only for now) to see if it is cleaner.
    No problems other than dirt issue and extraction. It is fun and fast. Great trigger for a std AR.
    only about 500 rds so far - I'll up-date in the future.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul45 View Post
    Here is my experience so far.
    I shoot left handed - there is some blowback on my face on ejection - unburnt powder.
    over 500 rounds - good trigger - like the mags - glock 32 rounders and 17 rounders
    accuracy is good out to 50 yards - Red Dot sight - have not shot past 50 yd yet
    It gets dirty at around 150 rounds and starts to fail to eject. I clean the bolt carrier and upper area - then it works find for another 150 rounds. A lot of unburnt powder in the action - blowback design!
    I will try other ammo (WW white box only for now) to see if it is cleaner.
    No problems other than dirt issue and extraction. It is fun and fast. Great trigger for a std AR.
    only about 500 rds so far - I'll up-date in the future.
    I debated a while on whether to get the Oly or RRA. I hope I made the right decision. Cleaning the oly on 150 rounds sound like a pain.

Feedback Score
    Not really! Just break it open, remove bolt carrier group, spray with gun scrubber or rem oil, wipe down and relube. spry upper in boly carrier area, wipe down and relube. about 2 minutes atr the range.
    i am hoping a break in period will loosen tolorences and I can find a cleaner burning round.

Feedback Score
    Update--- put another 200 rounds thru it. NO ISSUES! It did get dirt again but no failures to eject. Total round count is just over 800. It appears that it may be broken it but I will try another 200 or so before Iclean it just to see what happens.
    Still using WW White Box.

Feedback Score
    I didn't realize how cheap 9mm was to reload. Doy you think that a +p load will set off tannerite?

Feedback Score
    Ihave no experience with Tannerite. Too dangerous for me. Try the ammo forum. I'm just looking for other 9mm Oly users to get some 1st hand info.

Feedback Score
    Just to see what would happen, I went over 1000 rounds of my cast bullet reloads in my Oly 9mm AR (STEN mag version) without cleaning, and I had no malfunctions at all. I did spray a little RemOil on the bolt carrier a few times throughout the 1000 rounds, but no cleaning.

I only made it through a full 32 round mag three times in my Colt 9mm AR without a malfunction. Actually, both of my 9mm Colts were like that, and the four 9mm Colts owned or previously owned by my friends were just about as reliable, too.

It sounds like it was just your Oly breaking in. You shouldn't run into misfeeds now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgleg44 View Post
    Just to see what would happen, I went over 1000 rounds of my cast bullet reloads in my Oly 9mm AR (STEN mag version) without cleaning, and I had no malfunctions at all. I did spray a little RemOil on the bolt carrier a few times throughout the 1000 rounds, but no cleaning.

I only made it through a full 32 round mag three times in my Colt 9mm AR without a malfunction. Actually, both of my 9mm Colts were like that, and the four 9mm Colts owned or previously owned by my friends were just about as reliable, too.

It sounds like it was just your Oly breaking in. You shouldn't run into misfeeds now.
    Thanks for the feedback - I have not seen or communicated with another actual owner. So far it is acceptable. I keep up-dating this as I get more info.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast