Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OLYARMS 9mm Carbine / Glock Mag model

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Well on the upside... I can add this event to my OLY failure file. It's been a while since I added something to it since most shooters here avoid Oly.
    That's cold! I think I married your twin sister - she doesn't cut me any slack either!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Gotta find the silver lining in this deal somehow!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I called OLYARMS, got Andy on the 2nd try - no one called back on the 1st call. They sounds surprised that the pin broke, not too surprised at the ejection issue and OK we can fix the rear sight issue easily.
    I am not feeling real good about the coming experience. Major failures in the 1st 1000 rounds and no real surprise. Sounds like they heard some of this before. I'll keep you up-dated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul45 View Post
    I called OLYARMS, got Andy on the 2nd try - no one called back on the 1st call. They sounds surprised that the pin broke, not too surprised at the ejection issue and OK we can fix the rear sight issue easily.
    I am not feeling real good about the coming experience. Major failures in the 1st 1000 rounds and no real surprise. Sounds like they heard some of this before. I'll keep you up-dated.
    What do you expect? Its Olympic Arms after all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulinski View Post
    What do you expect? Its Olympic Arms after all.
    Compassion! Understanding, A sympathic voice! Someone who gives a crap about their corporate reputation!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul45 View Post
    Compassion! Understanding, A sympathic voice! Someone who gives a crap about their corporate reputation!
    Since their reputation is already doo doo.... why should they care??

Hopefully they're do something for you more than the usual denial of any responsibility that I see most of the time.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Since their reputation is already doo doo.... why should they care??

Hopefully they're do something for you more than the usual denial of any responsibility that I see most of the time.
    I am shipping it back this Sat. when I return home. It is only a project / play gun so I am not too upset. I know it was a low end product when I bought it. Worst case is that I put in a new trigger group, disconnector and pins, then tweek the ejector spring and reset the barrel to fix the sites and I'll have a functional toy.
    I am hoping that they belly up and return a functional weapon.

Feedback Score
    and this is why OlyArms has always been the worst in my book... They told my Buddy to eat dirt when he asked for a return or fix on his out of spec lower reciever. There was a gap between the upper and lower of over an 1/8", almost a full 1/4"! The gun still functioned properly so they wouldn't do a damn thing...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RallySoob View Post
    and this is why OlyArms has always been the worst in my book... They told my Buddy to eat dirt when he asked for a return or fix on his out of spec lower reciever. There was a gap between the upper and lower of over an 1/8", almost a full 1/4"! The gun still functioned properly so they wouldn't do a damn thing...
    I've heard good things and bad things about them and their products. I'll give you an additional reference point when they respond. I have to give them a chance to make it right before I dis them.

Feedback Score
    This was the 1st time I had to ship a rifle back to the MFG. UPS charged $122 from VA to WA. For that price I could have bought a custom trigger group and new pins and installed it myself.
    Live and learn. The warranty return cost memore that an up-grade!!! Now I an upset!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast