Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who uses suppressed weapons for home defense setups?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    I built a gun when I lived in Hawaii that I felt best worked for the non-NFA state, I used a 13.7" WOA barrel with mid length gas tube and permanently attached Noveske KX3 on the end to meet the 16" length requirement. Redirecting the flash and concussion is about all you can do without the use of a suppressor, but its still gonna be rediculously loud.
    I got to try someone's Noveske KX (3 or 5...can't remember) and immediately decided that it wasn't for my intended purpose.
    I don't hear the "tuning fork" anymore from the 249F. It used to be annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I usually keep my G19 right beside the bed. However, I also have a suppressed 10.5" SBR at the ready in my bedroom closet. Depending upon the situation I'm grabbing either one.

Feedback Score
    I don't use a can for my HD rifle. I just use a 16" FSP pencil middy with light and Aimpoint. It isn't any longer than my 11.5" with a can, and handles plenty well enough for effective use at any of the defensive points in my house. I'm honestly not very concerned about the noise. I have shot louder rifles than this without ear pro indoors and in vehicles, and it wasn't an issue. I do have some hearing loss and tinnitus, but that is the cumulative result of more than a decade. I'm really not concerned about how much a single shoot would add to it, especially over a low probability occurance like a home invasion. It's a lesser order concern, but I also don't like the idea of my can or my SBR sitting there in the closet where they can be easily stolen. Even though I have more money in my HD rifle than I do in my can, I see the rifle as being more easily replaceable.

Also, just knowing myself, if I used my SBR or suppressed setup for HD, I'd always be taking it out for a range day, hunt, or shooting event, and it may not make it back to the closet right away afterwards. I much prefer the idea of a dedicated rifle for HD that is always ready because it does nothing else.

I can't do the pistol on the nightstand thing anymore... bad dream issues and whatnot. Scared the shit out of the GF one too many times, haha.
    Last edited by henschman; 02-24-16 at 14:45.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    Henschman, While I have a can on my HD piece, the light is so much more important. Fire the light first, Id the target. Don't make a bad life choice and kill something that will also kill your soul. The can is just fun. The light is a must.

Feedback Score
    My HD rifle is a suppressed SCAR 16S CQC (10" barrel with SF 556 RC2) equipped with Ampoint T1, ATPIAL-C, Surefire Mini Scout, and PVS-14 (QD mounted or helmet).

My HD pistol is a HK45 suppressed with an Octane 45. It also has a SFX300.
    Last edited by Sensei; 02-24-16 at 21:24.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345