Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated X300 Ultra

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    Step in the wrong direction for my needs. One of the huge selling points to the X300 series to me has been the excellent QD mount.
    +1

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    600 lumens sounds like way too much.
    Sometimes my 200 lumen light is too much.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I actually like the clamp. This way it ensures it's going to be tight on each gun. I've moved my older X300 to different pistols and the fitment was hit or miss. I REALLY hope Surefire loosened up the rocker switch a bit. Having short fingers and trying to switch the light on/off sucked. That's why I moved to the APL.

Feedback Score
    Yep, I'm very satisfied with my 170L version and QD mount for pistol light.

Feedback Score
    I suppose the good news is we will see the regular X300U dropping in price everywhere. I do agree it's a dumb move, but they didn't consult me. I do have an XC1 on order, but I'm finding myself buying more APL's these days anyway.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBond View Post
    600 lumens sounds like way too much.
    Sometimes my 200 lumen light is too much.
    Depends on the use. For a rural use rifle I'll take a 1000 lumens.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    This should answer the concerns some have with running these on a rifle (plastic mounting hardware). Concerning the screw on attachment method, LockTite is your friend.

However, I prefer the switchology and location of the Fury line for rifles.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like the attachment method is similar or possibly the same as the X400?
    Not really digging it. Or I suppose I should say, since we as a forum have been going off on fast food, I'm not luvin' it.

I have to ask if this could cause compatibility issues with holsters designed for the older X300U-A. With the knob there I have to wonder. I am sure it makes mounting to a long gun easier, god knows I think the TLR series is superior in this area over the standard X300, though I don't run my X300s on long guns, I have Scout lights for that. That said, when I did run TLR series of lights never had an issue with any flying off to parts unknown, that is just me. So I liked the X300U-A for the ease in which I could remove it. Never had an issue with any pistol I ran it on. So while I suspect this would be better/tighter, I don't know if it is something that is needed. Though I would suppose from a manufacturing standpoint it makes sense, fewer different parts between similar models, and for those using it on a long gun, I could see, to some degree that the metal mounts for the B model could hold up better if in a position of having to deal with high heat.
    As far as the switch. It does look bigger, and I think that is an improvement. If that had been the only update to the B model I'd have bought one just for that really. The new attachment method, again not a fan of it personally, but I suppose we will sit and wait and see.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    I hate the screw method I've seen on the TLR's, one of the huge reasons I hate that light. I've seen countless lights fly off while on the line of quals or training.
    This. It's why I do not have any TLR lights, and only had Surefires. And I like the switchology better on the Surefires, too.

Time to buy a couple before the new hotness comes out. I'll give up the 100 extra lumens to keep the old mount.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post

I have to ask if this could cause compatibility issues with holsters designed for the older X300U-A. With the knob there I have to wonder.
    Damn... I had t even considered that. I imagine it will be an issue for many Kydex holsters. All the more reason to snag a spare light or two.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast