Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated X300 Ultra

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I hope they stick with the regular X300Us. I don't care so much about the mounting system, although holster compatibility could be a massive headache. I just don't want the extra lumens. I didn't even really want the Ultra model for my pistols but one of my regular X300s was upgraded when it went in for warranty repair. That's a lot of light indoors. I know that many use the X300 on rifles, but I'd say it's more of a pistol light. It should be well-suited to pistol stuff. Like CQB in houses with white walls. More options isn't a bad thing, as long as they don't stop selling the normal one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I hope they stick with the regular X300Us. I don't care so much about the mounting system, although holster compatibility could be a massive headache. I just don't want the extra lumens. I didn't even really want the Ultra model for my pistols but one of my regular X300s was upgraded when it went in for warranty repair. That's a lot of light indoors. I know that many use the X300 on rifles, but I'd say it's more of a pistol light. It should be well-suited to pistol stuff. Like CQB in houses with white walls. More options isn't a bad thing, as long as they don't stop selling the normal one.
    Totally agree. Thats a pistol light, so it should prioritize short tasks as a handgun would be. IMHO, more and more lumens is not the way. However, 100 lumens upgrade may not be a big increase compared to the previous.. just maybe marketing to compete Streamlight TLR HL. Definitely hard stay out of the lumen race.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioni View Post
    Totally agree. Thats a pistol light, so it should prioritize short tasks as a handgun would be. IMHO, more and more lumens is not the way. However, 100 lumens upgrade may not be a big increase compared to the previous.. just maybe marketing to compete Streamlight TLR HL. Definitely hard stay out of the lumen race.
    It may not be, I was thinking the same thing. But if 175 was adequate indoors, the difference between that and 600 is pretty significant.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    It may not be, I was thinking the same thing. But if 175 was adequate indoors, the difference between that and 600 is pretty significant.

I'd like to see an x300u with an x300v type head that could be switched from low mode around 250+or - 50 lumens. And a high mode of 500 or so. That would have been a worthwhile upgrade to me. And made to new attachment method worth the holster headache.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Folks on CPF says there isn't much of a perceivable difference between the 500 and 600-lumen Fury, so I don't think that extra 100 lumens will be a game changer with the X300U.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    It would be great if they kept the old system too and offered two options. Holster compatibility is a huge concern for me too! I could not mount a brand new X300U on my BCM KMR with the P insert. It mounted fine on two different Glocks with the U insert. This new mount would have likely fit. It took two of us to get the light off the rail. If I could have change the batteries with it mounted I would have left it on the gun. It was not on the whole way but it also was not moving.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 11-03-15 at 13:15.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    Folks on CPF says there isn't much of a perceivable difference between the 500 and 600-lumen Fury, so I don't think that extra 100 lumens will be a game changer with the X300U.
    Not a surprise there. I think there needs to be a magnitude different in lumen output for the human eye to precieve 2X the amount of light. I forget the proper amount though. There are other things that have to be taken into account when talking lumens anyway. Just because the output is higher, doesn't make it a more effective weapon light.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    It would be great if they kept the old system too and offered two options. Booted compatibility is a huge concern for me too! I could not mount a brand new X300U on my BCM KMR with the P insert. It mounted fine on two different Glocks with the U insert. This new mount would have likely fit. It took two of us to get the light off the rail. If I could have change the batteries with it mounted I would have left it on the gun. It was not on the whole way but it also was not moving.
    Would be nice if they did keep both options, with the exception of having the enlarged switch pads on the new X300U-As. As far as mounting on a pic rail. Yes, the X300U could be a bitch, to put things nicely. I found, when I tried the set up before ditching it because I didn't care fr it personally, that loosing the nuts/screws on the mount before sliding on made a world of difference. And like I said, I am sure the newer mount would make that much easier, though for a pistol mounted weapon light I have yet to have issues with the current design and run Scouts on my go to long guns.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    When I first saw this I asked myself if Surefire was taking a page from Streamlight with the screw and the 600 lumens. I think the screw could work if loctited in place but it makes for more work than the QD mount on the X300Us. I'll have to go pick up one or two more.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBond View Post
    600 lumens sounds like way too much.
    Sometimes my 200 lumen light is too much.
    Learn how to use the light. 5-600 is the minimum and is never too much.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Learn how to use the light. 5-600 is the minimum and is never too much for me.
    Fixed it for you.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast