Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ACOG tritium replacement

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Either solution sounds innovative, but it also sounds like it would leak a lot of light. The LED light in the plastic cover would probably leak less.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    After the sticker shock, I decided to get a new one.

An optic where you just replace the battery without high cost and 3 week downtime is superior.
    I have had several ACOGs, won't buy another one.
    Without working tritium, it is anot optic in the 200 range picture quality wise.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    Either solution sounds innovative, but it also sounds like it would leak a lot of light. The LED light in the plastic cover would probably leak less.
    I can hear it now... Give me a minute to tape on my auxiliary light source... Be there in a couple of minutes.. I'll be the guy with the target on top of my scope!

Feedback Score
    Apologize for resurrecting the post but thought I'd mention something I got from Trijicon a couple of days ago, as they (as usual) happily entertained some pre-purchase questions I had while shopping for a TA31. Their tech support mentioned that they will do Tritium replacement for non-warranty charge of $188. Just thought I'd mention, as I see wildly different & exaggerated results posted on the net. At any rate, that info is from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Happy trails.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Outstanding !!!

Will have to call them, mine is getting dim, 10+ years old now.
    Last edited by lowprone; 06-18-18 at 10:25.

Feedback Score

acog warranty info in 2016

This is an old post of mine from 2016 from another site

A problem with a used or new Trijicon Acog’s
    LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
    Trijicon warrants that products manufactured by Trijicon will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner. Trijicon will repair or replace (at our option) the registered product. This warranty does not apply to defects caused by anything which is deemed abnormal, abusive, or improper including any fault resulting from an accident or improper service. This warranty specifically applies to the optical systems and metal structure of the product and does not apply to the illumination system.

The Tritium will run out and is not covered under the limited lifetime warranty of the original owner. Tritium replacement can cost $600.

The Tritium is on a sliding scale also for the original owner. No warranty for Non-original owners

The models with Dual Illumination is 14 years (like TA31). Starts at date of manufacture

The models with single Illumination is 10 years (like TA01).

Before you buy a new or used Acog, check with Trijicon on this.

I just walked down that road 18 months ago. Had a long complete conversation with Trijicon, my original owner, 13 year old TA01C cost $570 to fix the burned out tritium. There was nothing else wrong with it.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying that the ACOG is not a great scope. I do have three of them(31A, 01C and 01B308). I just want people to understand what they are getting into, as I didn’t understand the warranty. The info on the street is that they are lifetime guaranteed. Not, all of them.

My original owner 31A and the 01C went bad that same year, both the same problem, they lost the tritium. The 31A (9yrs old) was repaired no charge, the 01C (13 yrs old) was not and I’m telling people what I learned about the warranty.

The label on the box of the 31A said lifetime warranty. The label on the 01C box said limited lifetime warranty. I have not been able to find someone that has a newer 31A so I can find out if the newer ones now say, limited lifetime warranty. I’m still looking. I believe that Trijicon has change all the warranties to limited lifetime warranty and are using this sliding scale, now.
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a 3.5X35 and I have no idea what model, but half the chevron is not illuminated. I have not bothered to check it out, but maybe someday Ill look into it. Based on $500 plus stuff, I dont think so.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Don't know what to tell you. My two went bad in 2014 one was no charge the other one was $570. the 01C, They would have put into it any reticle that I wanted.
    Last edited by RMC51; 08-10-18 at 22:12.
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    $500+???

Trijicon be playing games.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Armson OEG recharge was $100 circa 2000.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast