Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey, it happens that the Kel-Tec RDB is actually a quite nice gun.

Feedback Score

Hey, it happens that the Kel-Tec RDB is actually a quite nice gun.

Don't believe me, believe on Tim from MAC.

https://www.full30.com/video/5098e66...4171c8422f9164

The nice thing is that the gun has super simple internals. When people see a bullpup with a different ejection, the natural reaction is to imagine something fancy and over complicated, but it is totally the opposite.

"But kel-tec is junk", well, the gun shot more than 1k rounds, many of them while supressed with no failures.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm impressed. Always wanted a Bushmaster M17S, and the AUG or Tavor never really appealed to me. The FS2000 has too many issues for consideration, but this seems exactly like what I want.

What I'm wondering now is if Kel-Tec can increase production to the point I can actually hold one in person before buying...
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    I'd buy one if the price drops down into the $15oo range, otherwise I would spring the extra for a Tavor, so much nice after market that I don't think that Keltec will ever have. Love my father in laws PMR 30 though, awesome gun
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Hank Strange posted a vid of them dumping 500 rounds through it with a SOCOM 762 can (K model I believe) and the blowback out of the locking mech for the can caused a hole to form in the polymer of the handguard at I believe the 6 oclock position of the barrel. I am actually interested in this rifle, but Kel Tec has a certain too many reputations, cheap, semi reliable, and half the time you can find their damn products because they are so slow to produce.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks interesting. I certainly wouldn't be an early adopter/beta tester for a kel Tec product, but worth keeping an eye on as it goes into production and gets some hard use over time. Me, I don't want or need latest & greatest and am happy to let others waste time and $$ on un vetted platforms.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I really want this to be a good gun. Kel-tec makes some very cool products but their execution is sloppy. I also feel it's worth mentioning that the gun in the video is a pre-production that was sent to him by Kel-tec so they may have paid extra close attention to it and the others sent out for review.

I'd say Kel-tec probably should dial back on the new stuff, regroup and get their QC straight, then start working on developing new models.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh, no thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Don't care for MAC or Kel-Tec.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigghoss View Post
    I really want this to be a good gun. Kel-tec makes some very cool products but their execution is sloppy. I also feel it's worth mentioning that the gun in the video is a pre-production that was sent to him by Kel-tec so they may have paid extra close attention to it and the others sent out for review.

I'd say Kel-tec probably should dial back on the new stuff, regroup and get their QC straight, then start working on developing new models.
    Nailed it right on the head. Fantastic ideas, bad QC and development.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Don't care for MAC or Kel-Tec.
    In all fairness, MAC does put out some good videos. He has his opinions but he at least shoots his stuff instead of "tabletop reviews"

Agreed about Kel Tec

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast