Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Hey, it happens that the Kel-Tec RDB is actually a quite nice gun.

Feedback Score
    One of the guys from my local gun group had one catastrophically fail. Luckily uninjured. I didnt get any info on ammo he used unfortunately

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Sorry for the necro, but any more updates?
    Not really...after 4k rounds I stopped putting the RDB through the ringer. All i can say is that it is the best suppressed semi-auto rifle i have ever shot. Seems like this bullpup was designed to run suppressed.

I never got better than 2moa....but that goes for my AUG also and the Tavors i have shot...so 2 moa is good

They have come down in price. they can be had for $899 now.... thats a hell of a bang for the buck when the prices of less ergonomically friendly bull pups hover at $1700
    Last edited by bigfeetz; 07-25-17 at 20:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Potshot View Post
    One of the guys from my local gun group had one catastrophically fail. Luckily uninjured. I didnt get any info on ammo he used unfortunately
    Pics and story or it didn't happen.

Feedback Score
    Classic Firearms has the RDB in stock for $900 intermittently. They seem to arrive in small batches and then sell out quickly, so sign up for their notification email. I just got one from them the other week, but I haven't shot it yet. Apparently Palmetto State sometimes has them too.

From reading the experiences of other RDB shooters so far, the main things to be aware of seem to be:

The plastic fore-end is attached to the barrel at both the back and front, so do not put heavy pressure (e.g., a bipod) at the front of the handguard. If you do, it will vertically string badly, 6+ MOA.

On thektog.org, the folks with thousands of rounds through their RDBs seem to be reporting consistent accuracy within 3 MOA, down to perhaps 2 MOA for the best rifle and ammo combinations. So decent AK-like accuracy, but not competitive with top AR-15 accuracy. No one knows why yet, nor if the accuracy could be improved with a custom fore-end, barrel, or etc..

There is a definite tendency for some of the RDB's screws to loosen, particularly the critical screws holding the top rail on. The fix is to properly Loctite and/or peen the screws, but read up on that first! The rearmost screw on the top rail uses a special wonky system. It is spring loaded, and must be left 1/8 turn loose (with thread-locker to hold it in place) to allow for thermal expansion of the rail.

Apparently at least some RDBs don't retain Colt and/or current production GI 30-round aluminum magazines properly, but there is a simple fix.

The RDB apparently runs very well suppressed. Some users have said it's easily their favorite suppressed rifle ever.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Just picked up a black RDB for $900. It will not replace my Steyr AUG as a 'go to' rifle but I bought it as a lightweight rifle for my wife. Something she could carry, if needed. I plan to shoot it suppressed and use it as a beater ranch rifle at my rural home. Generally, a carry rifle that I don't care much about. It will have a Vortex SPARC II on an ADM QD mount. I may buy either a new Vortex 1-8X Strike Eagle or a Vortex magnifier for it, as. well. The lifetime warranty of the RDB and the Vortex optics greatly appeal to me. We'll see what happens. I'll give the RDB a shot. If it proves to be problematic, down the road it goes.

SamM
    Last edited by SamM; 09-26-17 at 11:25.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Interesting. Seems to suppress very well.

Feedback Score
    Bump.
    I'm looking for any updates anyone has. I'm looking to diversify my gun safe a little.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    under $900... i might have to get one

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    What a great rifle! My RDB has run flawlessly for me. I carry it almost daily at my home (we live in the wilderness) and it has been a very good rifle. So much so, that I am considering purchasing the RDB-S when it’s available. The RDB suppresses very well as others have posted here. I really need to find a better sling for it. My only gripe would be the lack of QD mounts on it. Well worth the $900 that I paid for it.

My advice would be to run to your LGS and get an RDB rifle.

SamM
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Any new updates on this guy? I see the RDB Tactical from an old SHOT Show was renamed the Defender and finally released.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast