Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Hey, it happens that the Kel-Tec RDB is actually a quite nice gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not a lot of rounds on mine, but all without any problems. Other than being a keltec, the only things I dislike are:

The ease of gas adjustment. I haven't had it move but I wish it was more covered by the top rail or had locking detents.

Hard to visually confirm the chamber clear. The bolt can be locked back and visibly confirmed by the charging handle. I use the included chamber flag when it goes into a bag, something I don't do with any other design.

Feedback Score
    My impression is it's a fun gun. Not something I'd want to rely on to save my life.

I've had one a couple years. Feild stripped to see how it worked and was put together. Wasnt impressed. Plenty of bad reports at the KTOG forum. I never fired it and traded it away.

Basically every fan of the rifle, including me, would pay an ADDITIONAL $500-750 for one of it was truly high quality.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    My impression is it's a fun gun. Not something I'd want to rely on to save my life.

I've had one a couple years. Feild stripped to see how it worked and was put together. Wasnt impressed. Plenty of bad reports at the KTOG forum. I never fired it and traded it away.

Basically every fan of the rifle, including me, would pay an ADDITIONAL $500-750 for one of it was truly high quality.
    Tavor x95.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Tavor x95.
    I had a full-size Tavor a short while. Didn't like the weight, balance, and long LOP. (about 15 inches)

The X95 sounds like it would help with all of those, but I've never held one.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I had a full-size Tavor a short while. Didn't like the weight, balance, and long LOP. (about 15 inches)

The X95 sounds like it would help with all of those, but I've never held one.
    The AUG is also about 15". I really like shooting the AUG much more than the Tavor or X95.

The X95 has a thin butt plate option, but you need the long barrel or a pinned muzzle device to stay over the 26" limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The Kel-Tec RDB has a 17.5” barrel to stay above the legal length requirement. The RDB-S (Survival) has a 16” pencil barrel and stays above the legal length with an adjustable stock. I currently own a standard model RDB and the hunting rifle version, the RDB-C. The RDB-C does not have a pistol grip, much like the Survival model. These rifles are actually very nice weapons. The stock on my C model has been changed to a standard RDB stock. Neither is my ‘go to’ rifle but there is a place for each of them in my gun safe. I’ve never had a failure with either rifle but I don’t shoot them much. The standard has a Vortex SPARC II red dot and the C has a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x variable. They are light, not overly bulky and I find them ergonomic as well.

The Tavor and AUG are both excellent service grade weapons and I have owned both, in the past. I do not see the Kel-Tec rifles as direct competitors for either of these rifles as of yet. But, I do believe that the US C SOG use the RDB and Kel-Tec shotguns as their standard weapons.This was several years ago. I’m sure of their status today.

Last edited by SamM; 05-12-20 at 11:52.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You can laugh at Kel-Tec all you want, but my car-gun is a Sub 2000 with a red dot sight. It takes 33 round Glock magazines. With good ammo (115 or 124 grain FMJ, NO 147 grain flat point) it is 100%. Obviously I'd trust it to fend off the Gang of Four, or I wouldn't be carrying it.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    In what world is FMJ good ammo?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I bought one because it was different. It's clever, unique, and somewhat poorly executed.

It shoots good, when the gas is adjusted correctly, and it's really nice with a suppressor. When the gas is not adjusted correctly, the malfunctions are nightmarish, and it's hard to check the chamber. Really hard. It's also held together with an ungodly amount of screws (30? 40? I counted once, but I forget), and mine started unscrewing themselves (unbeknownst to me) the moment I started shooting it. Several were lost on the first outing, and KelTec sent me some more. Before I took it out again, I took all the screws out and locktited them.

I think it's cool, and imaginative. Aspects of it are great. Other aspects of it are terrible. If you're looking for something that's not an AR, and fun to play with, I say go for it. As a serious rifle, I don't think it's ready for prime time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    In what world is FMJ good ammo?
    When you're broken down by the side of the road, and the gang of four thinks you're easy meat, would you prefer to have at hand (1) an iron-sight handgun loaded with 17 of the latest FBI approved bullets, or (2) a carbine with red dot that holds 33 rounds of NATO FMJ, and can spit all 33 out in about 10 seconds controllably?
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 05-14-20 at 00:08.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast