Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey, it happens that the Kel-Tec RDB is actually a quite nice gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    What is the optic's height over bore on these?
    Not sure but I adjusted my RDS (that sits in an "absolute cowitness" mount when on one of my AR's) about 8 clicks down to bore sight on the RDB.

Feedback Score
    I dumped 500 rounds through my RDB (200 no-can, 300 canned) straight out of the box , no lube (alot of AR'S would have trouble pulling this off). I did a cursory 100 yard accuracy test off bags using a 2.5-10 scope. From what I could tell this gun is 1.5 to 2 moa with good ammo. I may be able to get moa or better once I get a solid setup figured out. Recoil impulse is super smooth , as smooth as my tuned 18" AR.

These guns sell at $1150 sans gouging so unless this gun starts having problems before hitting 5k rounds I would say they are good to go

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfeetz View Post
    I dumped 500 rounds through my RDB (200 no-can, 300 canned) straight out of the box , no lube (alot of AR'S would have trouble pulling this off). I did a cursory 100 yard accuracy test off bags using a 2.5-10 scope. From what I could tell this gun is 1.5 to 2 moa with good ammo. I may be able to get moa or better once I get a solid setup figured out. Recoil impulse is super smooth , as smooth as my tuned 18" AR.

These guns sell at $1150 sans gouging so unless this gun starts having problems before hitting 5k rounds I would say they are good to go
    Quality AR's wouldn't. Let's see your targets.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Quality AR's wouldn't. Let's see your targets.
    Sure they would, seen it happen to Colts. I would say Colt is a quality gun. Lots of threads about new BCM and DD misfeeding and the like ( easily googled up), first suggestions are lube it up and break it in and 9 times out of ten it works. The RDB did it with 50g AE, 55g PMC Bronze and XTAC, 62g Fed Fusion, PRVI 75g match ammo, 69g FGMM, 64g GDSP. Not one jam , unadjusted piston and dry as Kel Tec shipped it.

As far as pics go, 1.5 to 2 moa with top quality factory ammo is nothing to get excited about, if it was sub moa, or if I can get some sub MOA groups, I'll bother with pics. As it stands now its just a decent shooter as most rack grade AR's are. Plus I was doing the measuring with 2 quarters since I forgot calipers.

I am not saying this weapon is superior or inferior to AR's. No way I would consider taking the RDB into prolonged rough conditions over my MK18 CQBR. If it proves to be durable it will be a viable option though and that proof is still over 4.45k rounds down the road.
    Last edited by bigfeetz; 11-16-15 at 20:21.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The Kel Tec rep on thektog.org forum (Kel Tec Owners Group) claims RDBs with 1:7 twist barrels are just weeks away from dealer shelves.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/f119/rd...swered-264644/
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Over 1k rounds straight out of the box, no malfunctions I didn't induce myself yet. In my hands, this rifle averages 2moa groups as do most of my ARs. I am sure a better triggerman could do better. Not great accuracy but certainly respectable for an off-the-rack piston rifle with a pencil barrel profile, let alone a bullpup. Hand guard retaining pin gets damn hot though, burn your hand hot, going to have to design a plug or cap for that thing.
    Last edited by bigfeetz; 11-24-15 at 10:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    The Kel Tec rep on thektog.org forum (Kel Tec Owners Group) claims RDBs with 1:7 twist barrels are just weeks away from dealer shelves.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/f119/rd...swered-264644/
    104 weeks away is still "weeks away."
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    After over 1k rounds with no lube, mostly suppressed rounds of all kinds of quality. I have had to make a piston adjustment for more gas pressure as brass was not being ejected consistently and was getting jammed into the chamber area with a fresh round. Adjustment made and is running well again. Time for mainteneance though , this weapon has proved mechanical design reliability so no more abuse. Bad news is after trying for accuracy with 64g its hovering around 3 moa withg this ammo. 62g , 55g and 50g still good at 1.5 to 2 moa
    Last edited by bigfeetz; 11-26-15 at 11:43.

Feedback Score
    Interesting test of a T&E pre-production RDB. The mud test is kinda extreme but it does expose some shortcomings of the rifle, though most are common among bullpups in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybQRUl_iFEA
    Last edited by bigghoss; 12-14-15 at 01:54.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigghoss View Post
    Interesting test of a T&E pre-production RDB. The mud test is kinda extreme but it does expose some shortcomings of the rifle, though most are common among bullpups in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybQRUl_iFEA
    Yep, it does show an inherent weakness if you expose the ejection port like that but with that in mind I am glad they did it as it will make me more mindful of that failure point, kind of like how I cover my magazine release button on my M4 when going throough brush. I got better accuracy through my RDB by keeping the weight off the handguard while prone or bench shooting ( repeat 2 MOA groupings). As far as the mud test goes, i dont see the situation where i am carrying the rifle without a magazine inserted. With a mag in the well i would think that it would be much more resistant to accumulating enough contamination to cause that type of malfunction.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast