Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surefire 900A/910A popularity?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used the crap out of my M900A on the last tour. Yes it adds weight, but I hate stuff hanging off the sides of my weapon. It jsut works for me. Yes it is expensive, but I don't put a price tag on my life or the lives of my men.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I own one but...

I have seen at least three break in training. They all break in the same place - at the joint right were the VFG meets the rest of the unit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i own and have deployed with them. a lot of guys including myself didn't like them because it would break exactly where Armati stated. That being said a lot of guys including myself liked them for how streamline it is. overall i think it's a great concept that could have been better executed. i would agree that it would be cool to see a smaller, compact, led version. I do have one on my personal ar though because i had one sitting around and i'll be honest....it looks cool. can't be schwacking anybody if you don't look cool....

Feedback Score
    Telecustom hit up a point that has been personal for me as of late. I had some goodies mounted to the side-rails of my blasters.

Nothing over-the-top, but I have been making it a policy to have two lights mounted on a weapon for redundancy's sake.

About a week ago I'd had enough. Despite have cool toys to mount, enough got to be enough, and I removed EVERYTHING bolted to the rifles and started over from scratch.

As it stands now, my three rifles ONLY have items mounted to the top rail, bottom rail, or both. I was initially excited to have additional mounts available on the sides, extended options, etc.

Well, eventually I had the side rails full where every one of the guns looked like a scorpion with a giant lady pleaser (VFG).

The new stripped down setup is:

1) VFG
    2) Bottom mounted light
    3) Optic
    4) Laser

The M900 had been on the M4, but the weight and bulk was getting to be more of a nuisance than a benefit.

I replaced the M900 with an Insight M3X and a Tapco VFG. More light weight, more ergonomic for me.

I like the idea of the M900, but it needs to be retooled/overhauled for the current market. Some serious streamlining is in order. I'm beginning to think some of the newer, competitive VFG/Light combos are probably worth looking into.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12