Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bomb Proof Coffee

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Damn... I guess it's true again.... truth is stranger than fiction.

"Whole Paycheck"... ha, yeah, Fresh Market is the same way. You can leave with $50 of groceries in your shirt pocket. I end up in one or the other about every 6 months. Get to the car, look down in the bag, and think... what just happened?!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Off topic: I'm very excited the AeroPress arrived in the mail.
    Last edited by contax_shooter; 03-17-17 at 17:07. Reason: Too excited for grammar

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have been looking for something to replace my daily caffeine intake routine, and I have decided that Bomb Proof Coffee may be the answer. I have never been much of a coffee drinker, but I am going to give it a try. I think that it probably never really appealed to me, because I was drinking crappy coffee. So, I have all of the ingredients, and an AeroPress inbound. I look forward to the experience, and will share results.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Damn... I guess it's true again.... truth is stranger than fiction.

"Whole Paycheck"... ha, yeah, Fresh Market is the same way. You can leave with $50 of groceries in your shirt pocket. I end up in one or the other about every 6 months. Get to the car, look down in the bag, and think... what just happened?!
    Like going to a strip club in Vegas.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Off topic: I'm very excited the AeroPress arrived in the mail.
    Hear nothing but good things about them. I like traditional French press myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    I have been looking for something to replace my daily caffeine intake routine, and I have decided that Bomb Proof Coffee may be the answer. I have never been much of a coffee drinker, but I am going to give it a try. I think that it probably never really appealed to me, because I was drinking crappy coffee. So, I have all of the ingredients, and an AeroPress inbound. I look forward to the experience, and will share results.
    Like drinking Bud Lite your entire life and deciding you don't like beer. Is like that.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Bomb Proof Coffee

Will, have you actually weighed the amounts you are using? I got some tyrosine today and the package said 1/2 teaspoon equaled 980 milligrams. I do use creatine regularly and the dosage for that is 5 grams, the package tells you to use a heaping teaspoon. This would be on par with your recipe, just confused because of the info on my tyrosine. If I go by their weight I should be using 1-1/4 teaspoons to get the dosage you're recommending.

ETA:
    With my wife's postal scale this is what I got for a level 1/2 teaspoon.
    Creatine 2.1g
    Tyrosine 1.2g
    Coco 1.6g
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 03-18-17 at 16:36.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Will, have you actually weighed the amounts you are using? I got some tyrosine today and the package said 1/2 teaspoon equaled 980 milligrams. I do use creatine regularly and the dosage for that is 5 grams, the package tells you to use a heaping teaspoon. This would be on par with your recipe, just confused because of the info on my tyrosine. If I go by their weight I should be using 1-1/4 teaspoons to get the dosage you're recommending.

ETA:
    With my wife's postal scale this is what I got for a level 1/2 teaspoon.
    Creatine 2.1g
    Tyrosine 1.2g
    Coco 1.6g
    I'm too lazy to weigh stuff these days and easy eyeball it with "good enough for gubment work" attitude. Level T spoon of each should be close. Shoot or 2-3g of creatine (more is fine too), minimum of 2g tyrosine (more is fine) and level tea spoon of cocoa. There's no specific doses known for the various compounds and it ranges product to product in cocoa data wise and more cocoa tastes good too, but those are good starting points for tweaking to personal prefs. Use big ass mug and allow room for all that, plus room for the foam created when wisked up. I try to stick to one mug a day. Good thing the mug is like a gallon
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm too lazy to weigh stuff these days and easy eyeball it with "good enough for gubment work" attitude. Level T spoon of each should be close. Shoot or 2-3g of creatine (more is fine too), minimum of 2g tyrosine (more is fine) and level tea spoon of cocoa. There's no specific doses known for the various compounds and it ranges product to product in cocoa data wise and more cocoa tastes good too, but those are good starting points for tweaking to personal prefs. Use big ass mug and allow room for all that, plus room for the foam created when wisked up. I try to stick to one mug a day. Good thing the mug is like a gallon
    I'll adjust to meet the recommended dosage.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I think that is what was throwing me too. that surely all those powders can't all weigh the same.

So can we say. that...

Cocoa - 1 heaping Tsp
    Creatine - a healthy 1/2 Tsp
    Tyrosine - 1 Tsp

..and that should land one in the roughly 2.5g range.

I did some more label reading yesterday. Hershey Cocoa.. labeled Natural. Hershey Dark states mix of Natural and Dutch process. So I still think that's a good indicator that Natural means non-Dutch for Hershey anyway. I bought a can. It's light brown.

Found this on the Hershey site. It reads a bit odd, but I read it as.... "Is your Dutched Dark Cocoa ( marked as such on label ) the same as your regular Natural Cocoa?"

Is Hershey's Special Dark cocoa (dutched) the same as your regular Hershey's Cocoa?
    A.

No. Dutch processed cocoa has an alkalizing agent similar to baking soda added to neutralize the natural acidity of cocoa. It has a more mellow flavor and a darker color.

Feedback Score
    Dang... How'd I miss this thread... Looks interesting. Going to read up.

I've been doing the the coconut oil in the coffee for over a year, and taking creatine separately with the rest of my workout BCAAs. I'm liking this idea. Subscribing. Thanks Will!

Edited...

Just tried it. Yummy! Going to get the wife on it too.

Thanks for the intel Will!!!
    Last edited by Det-Sog; 03-31-17 at 12:11.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast